imgburn now build each audio file?

thezman

is this something new added to 2.4.1? it never did this before and i wanted to make sure it was now normal. it builds each track before burning? doesnt seem to add them anywhere to the hard drive? or does it...?? i dont mind it this way this is how most other programs do it anyway but verison 2.4.0 did not do this... at least not on this system.

thanks

Added: Accurate audio duration calculation (via a dummy decode pass just before the burn) leading to less gaps/padding and no missing audio data.

No file is created during this dummy decode, it's all done in memory :)

The quality of the audio comes from the filters.

All you're getting as a result of the initial decode pass is a correct duration (based on what the filter returns), the actual data would be the same. You might get a bit more or a bit less now - and of course that's only at the very end of the track.

hmmm, well this is what i did. i burned the same cd audio disc on the same pc with the same burner at the same speed.. one with 2.4.1 and the other with 2.4.0, the one i burn with .1 has these "pops" sort of in the music while the one burned with .0 does not?? could there be a issue between .1 and the ffdshow codecs (from k-lite newest codec pack) ?? should i try to reinstall again?? any thoughts??

The version of ImgBurn you use has nothing to do with the filters DirectShow connects together in order to go from Source -> Destination formats.

So basically all versions of ImgBurn will use the same filters, hence if there's a problem with one it should be there on all of them.

What kind of files are you burning?

hmm well it seems 2.4.1 for some reason does not like the newest codec's from the newest k-lite pack. i uninstalled the newest 3.8.5 (i think it is) reinstalled the previous pack and all is fine? tried reinstalling the newer k-lite and have the same issues? now sure why

• 2 months later...
hmm well it seems 2.4.1 for some reason does not like the newest codec's from the newest k-lite pack. i uninstalled the newest 3.8.5 (i think it is) reinstalled the previous pack and all is fine? tried reinstalling the newer k-lite and have the same issues? now sure why

I can also confirm this i am wondering i see the ffdshow audio decoder go through each file i am goign to post up on klite forum see if i can find out i get a very echo hollow sound when i burn cds so i figure it is the ffdshow.

Can't you just turn off ffdshow for mp3 files? It's not like it's required anyway as the media player can play mp3 files just fine without it.

That said, if the burnt files sound odd then it's something that ffdshow (and the filters it uses) is doing and either the configuration needs fixing or its actual code does.

Per suggestion of clsid on the klite forum i blacklisted imgburn exe and solved my issues with the latest klite codec 3.9.5 going to post my findings over on the klite forum might make it in the next build as work around.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.