What is the correct 2.4.1.0 installer file size ?

scuzzy

Having downloaded ImgBurn 2.4.1.0 twice now, once at home from the main site, once at work from a mirror, I'm puzzled about why the installer file sizes differ : the main site copy is 1894Kb, while the mirror copy is 1906Kb.

Assuming that one of the downloads must have been faulty I re-downloaded it from a couple of the other mirrors (sorry about the wasted bandwidth) and it seems the mirrors all have the 1906Kb size - although it's more complicated cos at least two of them re-package the installer in a zipfile, one with a .txt doc file, and one of them even renames the installer ("ImgBurn_2.4.1.0.exe" at Free Codecs).

My figures for (Setup)ImgBurn_2.4.1.0.exe (unzipped where relevant) :

main site: 1894Kb / 1,939,960 bytes

mirrors: 1906Kb / 1,950,949 bytes

What size do the rest of you have, and why the difference ? :chinese::unsure:

(there isn't a smiley with a tinfoil hat - maybe I should have picked 'dunce' ...)

Cheers

2.4.1.0.exe is 1939160, but I get mine from a super secret location. What is added, changlog/readme.txt wise at the mirrors I don't know. Why would you download the same file from various locations? Was there a problem with one of the files downloaded that would prompt you to do so or is this just a curiousity killed the cat kinda thing?

The final 2.4.1.0 is on the mirror #7. There were some small fixes added after the 'official' release.

If you compare the change log from the one you find on the imgburn.com web site with one of the mirrors, you see what those fixes consists of.

:)

2.4.1.0.exe is 1939160

Thanks ... and doh! :doh: ... after trying so hard to give accurate information ... I meant 1,939,160.

Why would you download the same file from various locations? Was there a problem with one of the files downloaded ?

No problem with the one downloaded from the main site at home ... but I forgot to put it on the ole USB stick the next morning for use at work so downloaded it again at work using a mirror to spread the load, and noticed the different size (I have a weird head for numbers). That triggered a Danger-Will-Robinson alert for me ... I haven't even tried to install the bigger file yet - still using 2.3.2.0 at work.

There were some small fixes added after the 'official' release .... If you compare the change log from the one you find on the imgburn.com web site with one of the mirrors, you see what those fixes consists of.

Aah ... all becomes clear .... thanks very much Cynthia. :flowers:

• 3 weeks later...

For others that like me where wondering what had changed in the silent update, then i have just manually compared the huge changelogs(pheew!) from betanews(mirror-1) and ImgBurn's homepage, and the only difference i could see, where this one entry, which is missing from all mirrors, except mirror-7(ImgBurn's own "mirror") :

Changed: 'Perform OPC Before Write' is now disabled by default - it errored out on too many drives.

Anyway, i just though that i would post the changelog-difference here, so that others dosen't have to go through them manually like i did...

As a sidenote, then i really can't believe how great ImgBurn has gotten by now...

- I mean, now we don't even have to keep Burrrn installed anymore :)

LUK! for sure deserves all of our praise for releasing such an awesome and on-top-of-that free app, so once again, thank you so much LUK! :)

That one was not in one of the silent program updates. I think it was only added to the change log silent.

Do a search on a certain authors name and the word 'silent', that should get you the four things that was added. :innocent:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.