Enhancement of HD DVD Folder ID and Screen

Alwyn

At the risk of being pummelled for double-posting (I mentioned this issue in the support forum as I was working out what was going on), may I respectfully suggest that HD DVD support be enhanced as follows:

- Suggest that, when a folder containing HD DVD files is selected for burning, Imgburn be changed to ask to create the HVDVD_TS folder on the disk, as it does for SD DVD files. Currently, if the HD folder is not named HVDVD_TS, Imgburn ignores the HD DVD contents and burns it as a data disk. Contrast that with SD DVD files, where Imgburn will ask to burn a VIDEO_TS folder even if the DVD files are in a folder with any old name. The reason this issue comes up is my NLE, Movie Edit Pro, doe not create VIDEO_TS or HVDVD_TS folders, rather it's own naming system ("DVD Image xxx xxx" for project management as seen below). Suggested screen:

post-11050-1207667076_thumb.jpg

- I got mightily confused for a while when trying to burn one of the above HD folders, as Imgburn wasn't popping up the HD DVD folder question. As it turns out, Imgburn asks different questions depending on what Image Options have been previously selected (if UDF 2.5 is already selected, the HD DVD folder question doesn't pop: it only pops when the selected File System is not suitable). It would be great if the above dialog popped up regardless of whether UDF 2.5 was already selected. This would make the prog easier to use for us semi-literate computer types.

Thanks very much for considering.

Edited by Alwyn

Sure. For a SD DVD folder and Bluray folder, no change to Imgburn needed.

SD DVD

When pointed to a folder (name not important) containing the standard DVD files eg VOBs, IFOs and BUPs, Imgburn asks whether to create a VIDEO_TS folder. Good - just the way we want it:

post-11050-1207703748_thumb.jpg

Then, if the File System is incorrectly set (say to UDF 2.5) Imgburn then asks if it can change the FS to ISO 9660+UDF. Good - just the way we want it:

post-11050-1207703815_thumb.jpg

Bluray

When pointed to a folder (name not important) containing a BDMV folder, Imgburn asks whether it can asume it's a Bluray disk and asks whether the File System should be changed:

post-11050-1207703618_thumb.jpg

Good!

HD DVD

If the folder is not named HVDVD_TS, it's not recognised as a HD DVD image folder:

post-11050-1207704158_thumb.jpg

Whereas if the folder is named HVDVD_TS, Imgburn recognises the folder as a HD DVD image and propmts to correct the File System:

post-11050-1207704287_thumb.jpg

So, for HD DVD folders, it would be good to have Imgburn recognise them (even when they are not called HVDVD_TS) and prompt to change the FS if necessary like this:

post-11050-1207704631_thumb.jpg

The HD DVD file structure is shown here:

post-11050-1207705210_thumb.gif

On the disk, the folder is "HVDVD_TS".

Thanks a lot, LUK.

Edited by Alwyn

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.