strange freeze when burning audio CD from cuesheet

viktor

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

works for me using the replacer I attached in xp 32bit

drag the old atapi into replacer window after you run replacer then press enter till it asks you to drag new version in

you might need to delete the atapi.sys from system32/dllcache first

Or just install service pack 3

no thanks and it's only really supposed to affect sata really according to M$

What do your upper and lower filters look like

"no thanks"

you suggested me a solution which solves the problem on xp but i have problems on vista

"it's only really supposed to affect sata really according to M$"

atapi.sys: "IDE/ATAPI Port Driver"

"What do your upper and lower filters look like"

and anyway, i could appreciate if you talked clearly

Edited by viktor

well ok i know the ticket on the ms site is an xp one, but it also occurs on vista. however on vista i can kill imgburn and then eject the cd. i tried to reply to the ms mail from a support person but i got a delivery failed msg, so i'll have to find an other way to let them know ...

however, the best thing would be to actually get the fix for this problem go mainstream, so that i and others dont have to find workarounds and hacks for it to get it work in the future

either way i'll try to solve it and keep you informed, like before

anyway, i couldnt find sb01 for my drive

Edited by viktor

SB01

http://rapidshare.com/files/117347287/SH-S203P_SB01.exe

Also I would say IMO your issue is not related to that exact hotfix it's probably your sata controller/drive/driver issue.

I have a couple of of samsung burners one of which is sata and I get issues with one of my computers with it. I think samsung sata writers are a little flawed or better put rather troublesome with certain mobo chipsets etc.

Which motherboard do you have ?

post the filter drivers from ImgBurn help menu.

Capture a screen shot from device manager to show ide/sata controllers

man i don't think i'm gonna update a firmware from an unofficial source

"Which motherboard do you have ?"

it's an asus m2a-mx

"post the filter drivers from ImgBurn help menu."

i can't find such menu

"Capture a screen shot from device manager to show ide/sata controllers"

here's the screenshot

what you on about from an unofficial source. It's from me, I upped it to rapidshare the firmware is a release from samsung. You been smokin weed :&

Tools / filter driver load order

AMD 690V chipset then, try removing the ide storage driver and use standard ms one . Or reinstall put chipset drivers in but not the storage driver.

man i don't think i'm gonna update a firmware from an unofficial source

Get from the official site then, and if you compare them you'll see both are exactly the same. Do you think anyone gets to be a Beta Team member around here? <_<

what you on about from an unofficial source. It's from me, I upped it to rapidshare the firmware is a release from samsung. You been smokin weed sick.gif

there is no connection between someone becoming a beta team member and linking a file on the forum

thanks for the link (if its on a samsung site i cant see a reason to post a rapidshare link anyway), i've just updated the firmware and will test it after reboot

and please dont blame me for not flashing my drive with a file from an unofficial source which may potentially damage my drive

edit: it wont solve it

Edited by viktor

Tools / filter driver load order

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.1.0

Upper Device Filter:  [None Found]
Upper Class Filter:  [None Found]
		 Device:  CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter:  [None Found]
Lower Device Filter:  [None Found]

AMD 690V chipset then, try removing the ide storage driver and use standard ms one . Or reinstall put chipset drivers in but not the storage driver.

are you talkin about the "AMD PCI IDE Controller" ?

Edited by viktor

Victor

1. You're pissing people off. We don't appreciate smart arses who piss us off. Either trust what the knowledgable people here say, or go elsewhere. Arguing about it isn't gunna help you.

2. Your drivers look all wrong - they should be something like this (although your versions will be for Vista and not XP):

Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.1.7

Upper Device Filter: redbook

Upper Class Filter: [None Found]

Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device

Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook

File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys

File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)

File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver

Product Name: Microsoft

2. Your drivers look all wrong - they should be something like this (although your versions will be for Vista and not XP):

Not sure they look wrong. I have the same 'empty' drivers list in my Vista. :)

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]

Lower Class Filter: [None Found]

Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

if its on a samsung site i cant see a reason to post a rapidshare link anyway

The reason I linked to rapidshare was someone else wanted the firmware as well and it was already upped. I also have an issue with the computer I was on last night whereby I could not get the link from samsung's site to link to.

You are right though about not wanting to use what you could deem as untrustworthy files however as Mmalves pointed out a fellow Beta team member is not going to give you a dodgy file. I would never knowingly give out a dodgy file.

Anyways remove the amd driver for ide and let windows use Ms one see if that helps if it does not work there is nothing you can do but install again using a different set of drivers and latest bios

Thanks for enlightening me cynthia :)

Regards

oh well, you tell me to accept anything from you without ever questioning it, and right after that you state something that is bullshit

but i piss off people. nice. then i send you a file which will increase the stability of your system. i will upload it to rapidshare but dont be bothered you can trust me just install it, no worries. how does that sound?

im not a smartarse but ive been using windows since win 3.x and one thing i learned is that very little things can mess the whole thing up

im not arguing anyone, im just tired of hacked stuff made by wannabes and which seem to solve one problem but in the background brings up 7 other. before you again misunderstood me, now i didnt say that dontasciime is a wannabe or anything, i just said that the file he uploaded could be from anywhere, and it may cause harm even if his/her intentions are completely good

i didnt piss off anyone until know, thanks

Edited by viktor

if its on a samsung site i cant see a reason to post a rapidshare link anyway

The reason I linked to rapidshare was someone else wanted the firmware as well and it was already upped. I also have an issue with the computer I was on last night whereby I could not get the link from samsung's site to link to.

You are right though about not wanting to use what you could deem as untrustworthy files however as Mmalves pointed out a fellow Beta team member is not going to give you a dodgy file. I would never knowingly give out a dodgy file.

Anyways remove the amd driver for ide and let windows use Ms one see if that helps if it does not work there is nothing you can do but install again using a different set of drivers and latest bios

ok i will try, but anyway i didn't install anything like this after windows install. i always try to keep my system clean from huge driver packs which install a lot of useless appshit. i usually install drivers only for those which windows cant recognize, and even those i install from an inf + sys if possible. maybe the ati driver installer updated it (the ide driver), but i'm not sure. however, now i'm a week off, so we will continue to chat later ;)

Edited by viktor

Not sure they look wrong. I have the same 'empty' drivers list in my Vista. :)

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]

Lower Class Filter: [None Found]

Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Same Cynthia, my filter list looks similar also. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.