How Do I Burn Xbox 360 Games

Nightly

I am trying to burn an Xbox 360 game to a DL disc and have tried to follow some of the guides that talk about burning .iso files to dual layer discs but I am not getting the same results as the guides say I should. I have the following files for the game I want to back up:

.dvd file - 1Kb

.iso file - 7,651,848 Kb

System Info file - 1Kb

.sfv file - 2Kb

I set Image Burn up to burn to build and output to device. The file system is set to ISO9660 + UDF. I loaded the folder containing all the files above and clicked the calculator button. I got a window back saying that the file was too large and that I should change the File System option to UDF only. I attempted to burn the image anyway but got a window that says I don't need to burn the image on a DL disc. I'm pretty confused at this point and could use some help.

Thanks!!

<_<

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome to the forum, Nightly! :)

As you already have a done ISO file - there is no need to build one.

Select the 'Write' mode and load the .iso file. You need a DL disc to be able to burn the ISO file.

For the layer break - what kind of game is it for? xBox/Wii/Amiga?

Thanks for the quick reply. I followed your instructions, was burning fine and the first pass was around 80% and then I got the an error (see the attachment). I clicked "try again", got the same error back, and then clicked "Continue" at which point Image Burn stopped the operation. I have cut and pasted the log here. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong.

I 21:50:27 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 21:50:27 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 21:50:27 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,504 KB - Available: 1,667,632 KB

I 21:50:27 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:50:27 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:50:27 Found 1 DVD

post-11913-1209178784_thumb.jpg

I 21:52:31 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: CMC MAG-D01-00) (Speeds: 2.4x)

Shoddy media...you'll do yourself a favor to only buy Verbatim for DL burning.

Ok, I used a Verbatim DL disc and this time got the following error message at 19% completion mark. I am following the instructions above to burn a backup copy of my Xbox 360 game disc but so far have made two coasters. What am I doing wrong please? Also, I have been told by friends that I need to do something to my Xbox to enable it to play this copied disc properly. Can anyone confirm this and if true tell me where I can get instructions on what to do. Thanks!!

I 20:34:59 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 20:34:59 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 20:34:59 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,504 KB - Available: 1,998,328 KB

I 20:34:59 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:34:59 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:35:01 Found 1 DVD

post-11913-1209690024_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I 20:38:04 Write Speed: MAX

Try 4x.

hey Cynthia :)

Need a bit of help pretty please. I recently purchased GTA and wish to make a backup of it. I think i have almost got it right, but just need a bit of verification. I have the following:

1-Liteon DH-20A3S X8 Dual layer writer

2-Verbatim DVD+R/DL Matt Silver media - 8X Writable

3-A modded 360 (not sure what mod unfortunately nor what drive i have in my 360, and dont know how to find out?)

So i think i've half figured out what to do.

I have DVD Decrypter v3.5.4.0. This is what i used to rip GTA. After opening the application, i select Mode > ISO > Read. I then save the ISO to my NTFS drive. This results in a MDS file (a few kb in size) and a ISO file (just over 7 gb in size). I've read alot about a .DVD file required for IMGburn. However DVD Decryptor only outputs .ISO and .MDS. Am i doing something wrong?

To burn, i use IMGBurn 2.4.1.0 - Here, i set the layer break to 1913760 in the Settings > Write TAB. Then i booktype to DVD-ROM. Then, i select the MDS file. Is this correct? i've read alot of posts which speak about selecing a .DVD or .00 file, but DVD decrypter doesn't output these files. After that, i set the burn to 2.4 speed (i hear that a lower burn speed results in a better / more stable burn).

The game worked initially but after a while it froze and gave me a message about the disc being dirty, so now i just play the original instead. Out of curiousity, is the backup information above correct ? or have i done something wrong?

Sorry for my wrong English, I'm dutch...

I have some problems with Imgburn too. Before I used Imgburn, I used Clone CD, but that program burned too fast. So many DVD's failed.

I want to burn Xbox 360 games on Dual Layer DVD's. A friend of me helped me, but is on holiday now, so he can't. Now, my question is:

He told me about 'Layer Break'. I had to 'put it on' or something. Now I checked >tools >settings >general >layer break.

I could put on 2 'things:

Check 'Don't update IFO/BUP files'

Check 'Seamless'

What do I have to do now?

Tnx

• 6 months later...

hi basically ive followed da above approach that cynthia has suggested and selected da write files to disc

i used a verbatim dl disc 2.4x

it looked like it worked but when i plonked it in my xbox 360 it came up as mixed media disc,

any help guys please?

i would much appriciate it

hi basically ive followed da above approach that cynthia has suggested and selected da write files to disc

it looked like it worked but when i plonked it in my xbox 360 it came up as mixed media disc,

any help guys please?

Could be a Booktype/bitsetting problem.

any help guys please?

post a log file of the burn , otehrwise its just a guessing game for us

any help guys please?

post a log file of the burn , otehrwise its just a guessing game for us

as requested this is a log of the burn, it seems intact but only problem is that when i plonk it in my xbox, it comes up as mixed media disc. why is that?

I 21:33:07 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 21:33:07 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 21:33:07 Total Physical Memory: 914,896 KB - Available: 207,888 KB

I 21:33:07 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:33:07 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:33:07 Found 1 DVD

Did you delete the .dvd file? If so, that was silly.

No i didnt, when i browsed for the files, i loaded the vts-mc.iso file which as u knw is a zipped up file and size wise its around 7 and a half gb, i only loaded that file,

what do i do with the dvd file

Does anyone know where to get the ss file for an Xbox 360 game? I'm trying to backup my games and can't seem to get all of them to work. I'm doing the hotswap method for the ripping. I've heard that it is easier with a different drive, but I'm not interested in getting new hardware. I'm just doing this in case my son takes the disk out and messes it up. (Also not willing to pay $50 for a drive that is worth $10 just because someone flashed the firmware.) If it can't be done, oh well.

I've been reading a lot about it and found that I need to add the ss file or exrtact it somehow. I made a perfect backup of one of my older games, but that's because I found a forum that was posting ss files. Unfortunately, they have stopped that thread and don't have anything newer than Jan of this year. Is there a site that is more up-to-date or has somebody come up with a better way?

Hi.

I get the exakt same error when trying to burn a game, i use verbatin dvd+r dl and have tried both 1x speed and 4x speed can anyone help??????

Thanks for the quick reply. I followed your instructions, was burning fine and the first pass was around 80% and then I got the an error (see the attachment). I clicked "try again", got the same error back, and then clicked "Continue" at which point Image Burn stopped the operation. I have cut and pasted the log here. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong.

I 21:50:27 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 21:50:27 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 21:50:27 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,504 KB - Available: 1,667,632 KB

I 21:50:27 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:50:27 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:50:27 Found 1 DVD