A simple question about the /settings switch

Ultima

Greetings, I have a question regarding the /settings switch. I plan on using the program on my flash drive, so I'm using the switch as follows:

imgburn.exe /SETTINGS settings.ini /PORTABLE

I noticed that on a different machine it created a folder in the documents and settings folder with the same name as the computer imburn was originally installed on, so I prevented this by changing the folders which it saves the logs and such to. My question is this:

Are the paths in the settings.ini file relative or static? For example, let's say I take this line:

SOUNDS_SuccessSoundFileName=I:\ImgBurn\Sounds\Success.wav

and shorten it to this:

SOUNDS_SuccessSoundFileName=Sounds\Success.wav

Does ImgBurn look for the sounds directory as starting from where the ImgBurn.exe file is located? Or does this sort of operation simply not work at all?

The reason I'm asking is that I would like to set the flash drive as the location where files get saved to, but I can set a specific drive letter that the program is writing to, the drive letter may change on a different PC.

From the 2.4.1.0 changelog:

Added/Changed: When running in 'Portable' mode, certain paths will be saved relative to the exe's folder if they're at the same level or below it. (i.e. 'D:\ImgBurn\Sounds\Success.wav' becomes '.\Sounds\Success.wav')

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.