burned dvd won't play in dvd player

juandan

I burned a dvd but it won't play in my home dvd player, it players on my pc, my dvd player is a sony DVP-NS330,

my media is verbatim dvd single layer, in the log it says my burner is ATA its not its a sata drive, I had write speed on 16x

Imgburn log

ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 - Log

; Sunday, 04 May 2008, 10:12:35

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 09:39:08 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 09:39:08 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 09:39:08 Total Physical Memory: 2,030,812 KB - Available: 1,337,560 KB

I 09:39:08 Initialising SPTI...

I 09:39:08 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 09:39:09 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Edited by juandan

I 09:54:44 Average Write Rate: 1,464 KB/s (1.1x) - Maximum Write Rate: 2,179 KB/s (1.6x)

I 09:59:34 Average Verify Rate: 2,693 KB/s (1.9x) - Maximum Verify Rate: 3,257 KB/s (2.4x)

3 threads now - all have pointed to DMA issues. You really need to fix this. Until then, new logs won't cast any further light on your problems.

Regards

every thing seem to be working now, I uninstall the sata dvd-rw and installed a IDE dvd-rw, dma is enabled I just burned a dvd and it plays in my dvd player thanks for your help

every thing seem to be working now, I uninstall the sata dvd-rw and installed a IDE dvd-rw, dma is enabled I just burned a dvd and it plays in my dvd player thanks for your help

Hey Juandan,

I am having a similar problem with a home Sony DVD player, the DVD drive in my laptop is a Pioneer DVD+RW DR-K17Y ATA Device. After burning the DVD plays on my laptop, but not on my home player. Any advice?

Hey Juandan,

I am having a similar problem with a home Sony DVD player, the DVD drive in my laptop is a Pioneer DVD+RW DR-K17Y ATA Device. After burning the DVD plays on my laptop, but not on my home player. Any advice?

to be honest I can't really help, the guys on this forum are the experts I'm sure if you post your problem they will help.

good luck

Hey Juandan,

post a log file. we cant help you at all without seeing this

also, have you burnt a disc with this laptop before that DOES play on your home player ?

is your home player compatable with the type of disc you used, ie -R/+R/ R/W ?

is your source file a PAL type and your in a NTSC region ?

Hey Juandan,

also, have you burnt a disc with this laptop before that DOES play on your home player ?

I have created a thread containing all the information, please see my thread:

DVD not playing on PC or Sony DVD player

[/quote

I think I found the answer, I just looked at my manual for my dvd player and it says the player cannot play mp3 format that conforms to ISO0966* level 1/ level2, or its extended format, Joliet, I looked at Imgburn and in the option tab- image option it says ISO9660 could that be the problem

Sounds to me as the is a printing error in your manual. ISO966* must be ISO9660.

Cynthia the error is on my part I missed the 0 out at the end,

so that must be the problem, its my dvd player not being able to play ISO9660 format.

its a sony dvd player I've had a number of years, time for a new one I think

Edited by juandan

The file is a single avi file, it doesn't say in the dvd manual if it supports avi or not, this is how I burned the dvd http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4632

I know what your saying now, Imgburn does not do a conversion from avi to dvd,

so I have to convert them to dvd before I can burn them with Imgburn is that righ?

If it doesn't have 'divx' stamped on it somewhere then no, it can't play your AVI file.

Yes you'll need to convert it to a proper DVD Video 'VIDEO_TS' folder complete with the normal IFO/BUP/VOB files.

thanks for that, I'm learning

Hey Juandan,

How can you tell if your source file is a PAL type?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.