"Image checksum error, sorry"

jnojr

I'm using Imgburn 2.4.1.0 under XP Pro.

I copied a RHEL4u5 DVD to my hard disk, modified isolinux.cfg to default to my kickstart script, copied the kickstart script over, grabbed the boot sector from the original DVD with Imgburn, and then burned a bootable disc with Imgburn. I get the isolinux "Image checksum error, sorry..." message. What could I be missing?

Thanks! And, thanks to the creators of Imgburn... what an awesome program that I use frequently! I hope I'm not too evil for still using DVD Decrypter... :pirate:

Did you copy all the details about the bootimage over exactly? (they're put in the log when you read it)

But really, I have no idea.

I expect people on a linux forum that do this kinda thing all the time will be of more use to you than we will.

OK, I wound up getting a bootable image by using mkisofs. I'm told that Imgburn does not create a proper boot-info-table, or does not create one at all. There is, apparently, no way to create a bootable Linux image with Imgburn. Any chance that someone could look into this, and fix it if this is in fact the case, or add a FAQ item explaining how to do this if it isn't?

It creates everything that's needed for an El-Torito disc. If it didn't, you wouldn't be able to create bootable XP discs - and you can.

I don't have any real interest in linux so if additions/changes need to be made, someone will need to tell me about them.

EDIT: What's the location of the isolinux.bin file within your image? I've just read that this needs to be modified with info about the boot image you select.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.