Few suggestions for audio burning

agentbad

First, I want to say I am so glad you added audio cd burning to an already great program. Now with that being said adding a few more features to it would make it probably the best burning program available. Adding Replaygain support would do wonders since utilities like mp3gain won't do files like FLAC or OGG. I haven't tried to overburn yet but I haven't seen where it is supported so that would be a plus. Also when creating a new .cue file sometimes I want to check the desktop for something and I can't access the main window to minimize or drag it out of the way. Also sometimes I take a while to finish a mix and not being able to reload a cue sheet is a real pain.

Thanks

agent

Edited by agentbad

You can definitely overburn in ImgBurn. I believe you can go at least 90 seconds beyond the rated time of a CDR without any trouble. Beyond that, I'm not sure. I managed almost 82 minutes on an 80 minute Verbatim made by Ritek.

ReplayGain is only for playback on computers. It does nothing when burning to CD. You need a program like Nero which can modify the audio files as it burns; normalizing is what you want.

Cue sheets can be edited using a text editor if necessary.

You can definitely overburn in ImgBurn. I believe you can go at least 90 seconds beyond the rated time of a CDR without any trouble. Beyond that, I'm not sure. I managed almost 82 minutes on an 80 minute Verbatim made by Ritek.

ReplayGain is only for playback on computers. It does nothing when burning to CD. You need a program like Nero which can modify the audio files as it burns; normalizing is what you want.

Cue sheets can be edited using a text editor if necessary.

The cue sheets can be edited but why not just make it possible to have multiple sessions with the same cue sheet so you don't have to edit it manually to get the desired effect.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.