Audio cds sound very noisy

morfil

After I wrote some audio cds following the steps in the guide, I had a huge disappointment when I saw that melodies were very noisy, full of strange cracks, with a low volume. A whole day I tried to fix the problem. I guess that the program doesn't like to write audio files to a rewritable cd. I used new and almost new rewritable cds. Please help me out here.

The decoding is done by directshow, it's nothing to do with ImgBurn.

Unless you've got some weird files or very dodgy filters installed, I doubt they're as bad as you're making out. (It's hard to imagine these things)

What kind of files were they?

If you play the files in GraphEdit do they sound ok?

It is either your source, the RW or your drive.

I like audio and on a couple of drives I have some RW sound poorer than on others using the same files as test.

In older days when I used to use Audiograbber if yor CPU was not fast enough and say you converted to mp3 on the fly without wav, if at anytime the cpu buffer went into RED you got very poor conversion( very high treble and hashy sound)

After these problems I installed other freeware burning programs like Ashampoo for example and the audio cd with exact .mp3 files and exact cd-writer went out great! No problems at all! The codecs are fine, standard, normal user purpose, K-Lite Codecs. So were is the problem? I like ImgBurn and I really don't want to give up using it.

There's nothing to say Ashampoo is using the same methods to decode the files.

Please just try playing the files in graphedit.

I have a beta of ImgBurn that can actually output the decoded raw pcm data (but as a wav file) exactly as it would be written to the disc. Playing those files would soon tell you where the problem lies.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.