2 burning problems

nae1986

Hi,

I am using ImgBurn for burning data DVD's (mainly .AVI's) on Windows XP SP2.

I use quality media (Verbatim, TDK) certified at 16x max - I burn them at 8x. Using format ISO 9660, Joilet, UDF 1.02.

My burner is LG GSA-H10A (latest firmware JL05); my computer specs are AMD Athlon64 3000+, 2 GB RAM, 150GB IDE HDD.

I encountered some problems using ImgBurn:

a) I burn 16x certified discs at 8x. At ~50% of burn, the speed drops to ~4.5x, then up to 6x and remains there for the rest of the time. The Buffer level also varies during these speed changes. This happens nearly to all my discs regarding of brand - TDK, Verbatim, LG and some cheap media.

B) In some cases, when I burn, the Buffer drops to 0% and remains there (maybe a couple of seconds raises to ~7%). As far as I know, this is bad for burning.

In some cases, when I burn I also have a file sharing client open (no excessive speed so no major disk activity) and Winamp (without visual effects, using 2-11 MB RAM and 0-2% CPU). ImgBurn uses aproximately 90-110 MB of RAM.

you should check your dma, theres a link in my signature about how to do it :)

you should post a log of your last burn too , there might be something we can see in that , that can help

See how it goes without filesharing or winamp running. Also check your cabling - a new 80 wire cable may be in order. You should also verify your burns.

Regards

can you post a few screenshots showing the IBG data? or at least post up the IBG file so we can do it?

The speeds you're getting don't look all that bad to me for an 8x burn.

The dips in the buffer etc are normal with a lot of drives, it happens when the drive performs its quality checking routines.

• 7 months later...

It seems the software buffer drops to 0% if I have other HDD activities (like file-sharing). The burning speed also varies greatly.

Otherwise, if I have no other active app than ImgBurn, the software buffer level is constant (100%) and the burn speed is constant (8x or 12x).

The device buffer is always constant at 97%.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.