urgent help required plz

moh1234uk

hello i have a sony vaio laptop fs-515e and having a nightmare burning an image file. my dvd drive is capable of burning dl however it has been giving problems for the past 2 days. so i tried an external lg dvd write dl capable and still problems.

i open imgburn and here are the details:

HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-2166D 1.01 (USB)

Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 3,827,520

Free Space: 7,838,760,960 bytes

Free Time: 850:35:45 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 4x

DVD

I 11:57:18 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67) (Speeds: 4x)

I 11:57:18 Write Speed: 2x

Your choice of media would be my starting point. Get some Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim - made in Singapore only - and try again. Your log shows that the drive sees the media at 4x, but it burns at 2x, which is not a choice available for the drive, so I would also look for a firmware update for that drive also. After changing media and updating to a later firmware the problems should go away.

If not let us know and post another log.

I 11:57:18 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67) (Speeds: 4x)

I 11:57:18 Write Speed: 2x

Your choice of media would be my starting point. Get some Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim - made in Singapore only - and try again. Your log shows that the drive sees the media at 4x, but it burns at 2x, which is not a choice available for the drive, so I would also look for a firmware update for that drive also. After changing media and updating to a later firmware the problems should go away.

If not let us know and post another log.

i am using the Aone Type media which is a DVD + R Double Layer Speed of 8X and 240 min . when you say update the firmware for my personal laptop dvd drive where can i get an update from? as i tried running the drive update but was told it is the lastest. thanks

As Spinningwheel said. Your choice of blanks is very very poor. Those disc's you will be lucky to get to write and if you do manage to get 1 to write the chances are the write quality will be poor so poor that your 360 ROM drive will DDE.

Get some Verbatim MKM-001-00 Made in Singapore

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.