Problems with sonyAccCORE

thesdf

Hello,

I bought 100 sony DVD-R for the sole purpose to burn .img files with imgburn.

When I finish burning them there is a circle line at the middle of the DVD which clearly shows that there is a burning error (looks approximately like the disk has not been burned around in the middle for 2-3 millimeters).

The strange thing is that I post it, in order to see if there is a similar experience, its strange because the jamming on the disk ends at the end of a chapter and so does the beginning (i.e. usually 3 chapters are defective and all others are fine).

img003oz9.th.jpg

Hi Cynthia, I burned at max speed just for provide the reply soonest possible. Usually I set the burning speed around 8-12x.

I will try to update the firmware of my burner tomorrow (if it is PATA which I hope to find out), as I am home now and the sony burner in subject is on my work PC

My DVD drive (if I remove the cable) is as follows:

dsc00247gw3.jpg

I guess its SATA, so I already have the latest firmware.

FYI - Get the logs from your previous burns from the help menu.

Regards

Thanks for this. I am attaching my full log in case someone want to help/go though.

ImgBurn..log

Update your firmware to 1.14 as advised by Cynthia.

Also defrag your hard drives, check them for errors. Stop any virus scans when your burning and use no program that uses I/O whilst burning to avoid your waiting for buffers to recover.

Thanks for replies. I already flushed the my drive with the new firmware.

I constantly defrag my drives with perfect disk.

When you say stop virus scans you mean "on demand" scan or disable the antivirus protection during burning?

Also do I have to exit Azureus, which uses I/O, as well as Internet Download Manager, browsing with firefox etc ?

If you're burning loads (hundreds / thousands) of tiny files then the A/V scanning overhead could cause buffer issues. Just burning bigger files / images shouldn't be a problem for it.

If you've only got the 1 hdd just remember that every access (downloading / uploading / playing files etc) is additional I/O for the drive to do. Drives are much faster when reading / writing sequentially so try to avoid making it do a lot of random accessing.

• 2 weeks later...

OK just a quick update: this drive was in my work PC. I removed it and installed it in my home PC, and replaced it with a Benq 1640, which I had home (as a burning drive I prefer a plextor at home). So now after the swap I noticed a huge difference, today I tested 3 images (size about 4.3 GB each) all successfully burned. Not only this but the verification progress' speed with the SonyAccCORE was between 2x and 3x now it was 12x or more. All 3 burns with me browsing, visiting blogs etc, Azureus running seeding 6 huge files and Internet Download Manager downloading some smaller files.

I tend to believe that DVD drives behave differently between different PCs, for example I had some defect burns with Benq at home and none with plextor, so I used only plextor for burning (AMD PC).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.