from Trai Forrester's website...

dax702

"For instance, I've been getting some replicated DVDs in here output from Adobe Encore, identifying themselves in the Nav Packs as DVD Recordables - with thousands of errors and playback problems! It turns out, If you let Encore format the recordable as a playable DVD, and then submit that for replication, it's "Adaptation ID" stating 'DVD Recordable' it stripes in all the VOBs Nav Packs, are dutifully transferred by the replicator onto the master; not pretty."

This concerns me. Here is my process:

I author the DVD in Encore CS3. I then use the DVD disc build and create the VIDEO_TS folder on my hard drive. Then I use the ImgBurn to set the layer break and burn the DVD+R DL disc using this guide:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1780 This is all of course for creating my master to send to the replication plant. I've done 5 DVD-9 projects in this way, each with 1000 qty runs. I have had calls from customers about DVDs that won't play, but the number is small. I feel like I've "gotten away with it" after having read everything on Trai's website with regard to all the errors and hell that some people go through.

So what I would like to know is if I fall into the instance Trai talks about in his article? In other words, where are these identifications as DVD Recordables made (in the files that Encore wrote, or during the actual disc burn somewhere)

Thanks!

I'm sure you can look on google and find a breakdown of the bits/bytes that make up a nav pack.

I don't recall ever seeing anything you would/could mark to say what type of media it's going onto.

In any case, this subject would be better posted on the Adobe forums as ImgBurn is just the burner (or image builder).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.