Any way to automate setting the Vista screen saver?

dbminter

Actually, I can still bitch about the fact that the old Toolbar you could add Move and Copy to was removed! =))

In my posted image it is there. You need to select one (or several files) first.

SP1 was not just a collection of previously shipped updates. There were several new stuff in that one.

Yeah, I came by to recant my statement. :) HOWEVER, in my defense, the Copy and Move for folders WASN'T working and DIDN'T return until after a reboot. So, I still call that unnecessary. "Why, if a basic function doesn't work, just reboot!" should NOT be a motto. =))

• 2 weeks later...

Another gripe I'd like to make about Vista. It captures files too many times and won't let them go until a restart. Not even Unlocker will clear them because it never finds anything actually locking the files which are actually locked by Vista.

Another gripe I'd like to make about Vista. It captures files too many times and won't let them go until a restart. Not even Unlocker will clear them because it never finds anything actually locking the files which are actually locked by Vista.

Had that problem on a daily basis before SP1 was installed. After this, never.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that's why, this time, I added the phrase my setup. I got to thinking my faults could be a result of the upgrade over XP. A pure install of Vista might not do these things. Then again, it might. :) I'll only know for sure if this PC dies on me. The last Micron I had lasted 4 years and only the video card died on that one. Got a new Micron, though, because so much had changed within 4 years. Just like so much has changed in these last 4 years. So, I won't know for sure until and if I need a new computer, which will have Vista on it.

So, I won't know for sure until and if I need a new computer, which will have Vista on it.

Why not build one and put the OS of your choice on it? Just to add to corny's response, I don't have a problem with updating on my setup either.

Mostly it's the cost that prohibits me from doing that until absolutely necessary. The primary reason I don't do my own builds is the problem of cobbling together the necessary drivers for specific hardware. If I buy an already made up system, all the software I need for that is included, even if it's just drivers from the OS install disc. Price, too, as I said, is another concern, putting off getting a system until absolutely necessary. A new computer would take up probably a whole month of my disability.

Buy a Motherboard that does everything without cards.

Especially if you are not wanting to play games at full everything.

Some built in gfx are pretty good at lower detail etc but if you just want gfx to enable display @1440 and above then onobard are fine.

That way all drivers are on disc

10/100/1000 Network, 7 channel (HD) (bollocks)sound, can get Hd gfx built in on mobo now. Drop CPU of your choice in and pick a case and PSU.

Ah, I knew I'd discover some fault with the whole Copy To and Move To being removed from the context menus. :) It means you can't as easily move things from the Desktop to another location. You have to Cut and then open an Windows Explorer instance to Paste it into the desired location.

• 5 weeks later...
Vista randomly assigns Views to folders so you never know what exact View you're going to get when you revisit a folder. There's not even an apparent way to assign all folders the same view as there was in XP, a real time saver.

There seems be a max limit on how many assigned folders you can have. The limit can be changed.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f3/windows-xp-won...-setting-88230/

:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.