Election Day

Grain

We're hitting the poles here today, and I'm sure no one gives a shit but us Canucks :lol: ! The minority Liberal government we've had for the past 18 months fell to a non-confidence vote late last November which triggered todays election. The Liberal party has been in power for the last 12 years, but the word on the street is that the Conservative party will win with a minority gov., possibly even a slim majority. Whatever the outcome, I don't expect big changes, with the possible exception of relations with our big neighbor to the south, who've made it clear they'd like to be rid of the Libs and have a more like minded party in power. I'll update the results when they're in, I know you all will be on the edge of your computer chairs waiting =)) !

They're declaring a minority Conservative government. This should make it interesting. Right now Canada is enjoying a strong economy, and with all the checks and balances a minority government has, no one party should fuck that up :D .

You know? There's just a problem with government in general. Anywhere. Why? Because the minority can end up ruling the majority in a so called democratic process. But, it doesn't surprise me. :) The minority have always ruled the majority. Usually it's a minority in power or in wealth, e.g. those with the power and the wealth, who will always rule over everyone else.

Well, I figured I'd take this chance to step up on the soap box again. (What's that place in London, I think, where people just stand up and shout their grievances to the crowd? No, not Parliament! =)))

Especially in light of the recent Supreme Court judge nomination hearing, I would like to ask a question to those on both sides of the issue... WHEN, tell me fucking WHEN, did the procedure of running the government of the United States Of America EVER hinge on whether a woman can get an abortion or not?! :angry: Seems to me that there are more important things like providing the common defense and promote the general welfare. Or even things like providing a BUDGET or stupid, little things like preventing radicals from smuggling atomic bombs into the country?!

Maybe I'm just stupid, but, it seems there are things more important to running a country than making sure your party wins a particular issue or if your particular agenda, personal or party, wins.

Steps down, misses the mark, and falls right into the hands of weird men dressed in black with earphones in their ears. :unsure:

Maybe I'm just stupid, but, it seems there are things more important to running a country than making sure your party wins a particular issue or if your particular agenda, personal or party, wins.
Are you talking about 3843412.873489.jpg and his bastard cronies? If so I completely agree with you. I have been saying that most of what they do is just 3843412.1075988.jpg. We need to 3843412.982444.jpg and 3843412.873411.jpg.

If anyone from the 3843412.1084607.jpg is reading this I just want to say to you that if you don't like what I've said...

3843412.1122360.jpg!!!!!!!!

Edited by Movie Junkie

Well, I figured I'd take this chance to step up on the soap box again. (What's that place in London, I think, where people just stand up and shout their grievances to the crowd? No, not Parliament! =)))

If memory serves me right its on the corner of Hyde Park and you have to stand on a soap box or its not legal

WTF is a soap box anyway? Is it similar to an apple box? It's obviously sturdy enough to support a windbag, made of wood? and who the hell buys soap by the box to get the damn thing anyway?

It is Speakers Corner in Hyde Park ! I look forward to radical fundamentalist dbminter being deported to London when the Security forces have finished "de-briefing" :o him, and hearing him spout his wisdom.......

Actually you would make more sense than a lot of the weirdo's who use it.......

I feel I could make perfect sense!

"My fellow wombats, I beg your attention! Lend me your water wings! Tweety has told me the secret! THE SECRET OF THE CORN! He told it to me in the parts of a broken optical drive I had lying around. And that secret lies in pie and chips! PIE AND CHIPS! Thank ye."

:unsure:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.