ImgBurn calculates free space left wrongly

gregorian

ImgBurn calculates the free space wrongly if the total size of files you're trying to burn exceeds the disc's capacity. Because of this, I always have to manually calculate the total size of the files I have to burn beforehand in order to do make sure I do not exceed the disc capacity. For instance, I tried to burn 10.4 GB on a 4.7 GB DVD and it said 74% consumed.

82905189ha0.jpg

Edited by gregorian

Hello gregorian.

I'm no expert, but the screenshot you posted says "Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present)" , and, if you look carefully, slightly above the green bar that says 74%, you'll see a label "Min. Req. Media" showing a BR / HD-DVD Disc Required.

Since there is no media present in your drive, ImgBurn can not possibly know which media are you going to use, so it calculates free space according to the minimum required media.

To get "correct" free space calculation, insert a disc you plan to burn your files to in your drive.

Which version you using. Sure L_UK did something when I made the mistake of having no disk in drive and I did not notice media required had changed though % went down.

Either way do as suggested and if your using anything other than 2.4.1.0 update.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.