Need to know...

poolshark2014

Ok I just bought an Internal Liteon DVD burner but was wondering if it was a genuine Liteon and not a rebadged item. The model number is DH-20A4P08C and was manufactured on December 2007. Got it for $42 at my local Wal-Mart.

Is it safe to have 2 dvd burners in 1 computer? The reason I ask is because I already have the Sony DRU-840A and just bought this Liteon which I hope is a true Liteon.

The DRU-840A is set to Master so can I set the Liteon as slave?

Thanks in advance.

Hi! :)

Yes, it's a real one.

No problems to have two burners (or more) in the same computer. Just connect them to the same cable and set the Lite-On as slave. Don't forget to check the jumper on the back so it's got the right setting.

Hi! :)

Yes, it's a real one.

No problems to have two burners (or more) in the same computer. Just connect them to the same cable and set the Lite-On as slave. Don't forget to check the jumper on the back so it's got the right setting.

Thanks for the reply Cynthia.Liteon is supposed to be a good burner right?

do you know if there is a firmware update for this?

The one dated 02/15/2008 and ver 9P59, it should be.

Lite-On's are also nice scanners.

ok good I downloaded the right one.Thanks for everyone's help.

Just wanted to tell anyone looking to buy this burner that is the absolute best.It is quiet when it burns and reads discs.It burns faster than the speed I select and with the ability to Booktype forever to DVD-Rom is simply great. Best money I have spent.Sorry Sony DRU-840A you have been replaced.Did a couple of DVD+R DL discs which I booktyped to Rom and the burn speeds are just out of this world.Well that's all for now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.