Adding a folder

Quatermass

When I've used in the past commercial CD builders they offered the ability to add a standalone folder to the CD when i'm building. Inside this folder I'd add another copy of the main data I'm backing up.

This way I've got two copies of the data on the CD and if the CD gets slightly damaged then if one file is lost, then perhaps the other one will not be.

I'd rather not go to the bother of placing a new folder on my HDD and copy the contents of my backup into this folder just so I can have a secondary backup folder on the CD.

:-)

Comments. :innocent:

burn 2 Cd's :whistling:

Rar up the folder add the rar also to build.

or just right click choose copy and paste does not take that long and then just add the 2 folders.

Err you want as less compression as possible on a backup CD!

Your method means doing more work creating and deleting the compressed backup each time I make a CD.

Hardly a practical solution for a thread which is about adding a basic feature you find in other CD burners to Imgburn?

I thought good software was suppose to make Worktime decrease and Playtime increase?

In a IT business environment you'd be laughed off stage. :blink:

Cheers. :-)

In a IT business environment you'd be laughed off stage

And on this forum, comments like those will get you laughed off the stage Quartermass (or worse). Try to remember your manners, even if your mama forgot to teach them to you.

Also, this is not an "IT business environment." The prog is offered for free. If you don't like it, don't use it.

In any event, making a rar takes little time on modern PCs.

Regards

It's pretty obviously that ImgBurn's current 'Build' mode is meant for burning from an existing hdd structure.

If / when that changes, it'll do what you want it to.

Personally I'd laugh at someone that's got a backup of something twice on a disc. If it's that important you'd have multiple copies on different discs, not the same one.

It's pretty obviously that ImgBurn's current 'Build' mode is meant for burning from an existing hdd structure.

If / when that changes, it'll do what you want it to.

Or in this case it doesn't?

Personally I'd laugh at someone that's got a backup of something twice on a disc. If it's that important you'd have multiple copies on different discs, not the same one.

I do that too. :-)

In a IT business environment you'd be laughed off stage

And on this forum, comments like those will get you laughed off the stage Quartermass (or worse). Try to remember your manners, even if your mama forgot to teach them to you.

Didn't even occur to me it was in any form offensive. Must be my Scots upbringing. Sorry.

Also, this is not an "IT business environment." The prog is offered for free. If you don't like it, don't use it.

I do like it. Which is why I thought I was offering an improvement? This is the Suggestions board.

It's already got more levers and pulleys than most CD burners so why not one more? :-)

Doesn't the author want it used more in the business world?

In any event, making a rar takes little time on modern PCs.

See sentence where I mentioned trying to increase productively. Thanks.

Cheers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.