Burn directly from RAR's

fluor

Just a suggestion. Can it be done?

E.g. first check for .dvd or similar file and extract it, then start uncompressing on-the-fly the .iso or img file. Should not be too hard if one read the rar documentation?

It's nice of you to reply, but you really gave me no good reason for NOT supporting it.

As a thumb rule, I like to keep original downloads e.g. MyGame.DVD.PAL.XBOX360-GROUP in case the discs get scratched. And I like making more copies when I need to. But it's paint to first free up 9GB of space just for burning.

Even if I have almost 900GB of space, I always seem to reach 3-4GB free and I hate to keep a buffer just for burning.

I can burn an image from within a .rar...well from the temp folder anyway.

I 20:32:34 Operation Started!

I 20:32:34 Source File: C:\Users\Steely Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI02.511\rzr-***.iso

It's nice of you to reply, but you really gave me no good reason for NOT supporting it.

It's nice of you to suggest your idea and then follow up on your thread. However...requiring reasons for not doing something that the Boss already said he wasn't going to do is kind of not well thought out; and might give a reader the impression that you believe the program should be written to your specs and not the ones set by the program creator. <_<

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.