Plextor PX-760A problems with Verbatim CD-RW

Miguelito

Hello,

I've got a plextor 760a burner. Just wanted to burn an image to a new cd-rw, verify after burn failed, after sliding tray in/out three times. Tried three other new blanks, but failed to burn either. The resulted media is not recognizied by imgburn (2.4.10) nor windows and can't be erased by imgburn. The blanks are Verbatim 8x-12x 700MB. A DVD-RW burn just went fine!

What am I able to do to exclude any hardware failure ? Are the unrecognized toasted ones rescueable or are they trash now ?

just tried again after restoring the default values and save a log...at the end of the writing the device blurps (burrrp) once and won't verify the disc...

I 12:42:38 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 12:42:38 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 12:42:38 Total Physical Memory: 2.095.852 KB - Available: 1.051.620 KB

I 12:42:38 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:42:38 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:42:38 Found 4 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

Edited by Miguelito

yes, it is in the drive and imgburn won't recognize the disc anymore directly after the burn and moving the tray out/in before going to verify it. Verify won't work, because the disc was not recognized...and this happens with all CD-RW I've got...sometimes it works, but the whole thing is not reliable, DVD-RW (also Verbatim) will work just fine...do you know why this behavior could be explained ?

Edited by Miguelito

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.