xbox 360 backups help

jake1970

hi

i hope someone can help me ive been using img burn for a while with no problems at all with 360 backups and before that i used dvd decryter also with no problems but since a recent update i keep getting errors the first error is cant lock drive which i can ignore and carry on but the next during half way through burn is io error device:[1:0:0] ill attach pic of error(you will probally need to zoom in to read error) if poss i really need to get to bottom of this as im wasting loads of dual layer discs so someone please help

many thanks

error.bmp

its most likely your discs

I 16:24:08 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

get verbatim 2.4x made in singapore with the ID of MKM-001 ( dont get the ones made in india)

you can try setting write speed to 4x with the discs you have left ( you have them set at 1x which isnt a recognised speed with those discs on your burner, or 4 x, which is the slowest write speed for those discs on your burner)

go to the manufacturers web sit and see if theres a newer firmware for that drive as well

thanks ill try but ive done over 40 back ups using these disks

Jake...Jake...Jake...40 backups already and you know it's not your discs because you've had no problems with them. That's excellent...

Your choice of media was great...at one time...and that time is not now. Ritek has allowed their q/c or something to go out of whack and they are no longer the media that we recommend here. We do hundreds of media tests here...to your 40.. and have only managed to come up with the two mids that we recommend...but...go ahead...stick with yours, but please do let us know how you get on. :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.