Progress bar color

sas2000

• 2 weeks later...
These progress bars are all green, maybe it could be a good idea to let users choose a different color for each progress bar.

Example :

Complete - GREEN

Device Buffer - RED

Buffer - ORANGE

Obviously this feature should be optional.

What I would find even more useful: If they were not all the same size. Some meters away from your monitor you don't know if the upper one is the "Complete" one for example.

So my suggestion:

Complete -> large bar as it is now

Device Buffer -> small bar

Buffer -> small bar too

Edited by Dstruct

While cosmetic changes aren't bad, I find this change rather unnecessary. LUK said it would break the themes support. Therefore I presume it would take more time and code to implement something independent (instead of using something that's already there). This time and code would be more useful in improving functionality and performance rather than appearance.

Feurio! doesn't use themes at all as far as I can see, so it has to have its own theme (if I understand it correctly). In anyway it's as ugly as hell (apart from being non-intuitive and not very convenient). Still, I fail to see the attraction of such gaudiness. All other burning applications use themes progress bars and nobody complains. And I see no reason to complain either - interface is fine the way it is. In fact I think it'd be more confusing with more colors. :)

Edited by AliveNoMore

• 2 weeks later...

Those look like custom controls too since they are different than standard bars. That could be possible without harm to themes. If your control isn't themed then it will draw like you intend. Colors would be cool, but just different sizes is fine too...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.