writeable UDF?

windrv

First of all, thanks for rolling out this great product!

It seems the udf iso created and recorded onto a re-writable dvd makes the dvd UDF read-only.

Is it possible to make the dvd so produced as UDF read-write, and writeable using all the 4.7GB of dvd space? That means, if I have only 200M files, the dvd should still have 4.5GB for me to write it on again besides being able to read-write on the 200M files recorded.

Edited by windrv

I think what I suggested above is not all related to the issue of multi-session.

What I want is to have just a single session with all the dvd formatted into UDF while the files including bootfile are copied into it and the dvd so formatted stays re-writeable, not just read-only.

If now I make a udf iso with only 200M and burn it to the dvd, the dvd ly and has only a 200M udf session, which is also just read-only with 0 byte left, making the rest of 4.5G unusable and the 200M session itself not re-writeable.

Is there any way of doing what I mentioned in the 2nd paragraph above?

Buy DVDRW media. And even if you had this, ImgBurn would need to be multisession. The solution at present is to read the files off the disc, add new files to your structure and write them again.

Regards

ImgBurn will only write to media once and it has to be blank (or erased by automatically by the program) before use.

Settings read/write flags inside the UDF descriptors wouldn't do anything towards allowing ImgBurn to add to it.

If you want to use the disc like a big floppy drive, install one of those horrible packet writing utils. Personally I prefer to use media better suited to the task - i.e. DVD-RAM or a USB memory stick/pen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.