how do i enter layer break info

lindakay

Layer break info is normally stored in a file that goes along with the main data file (i.e. a '*.mds' file or '*.dvd' file). There shouldn't really be any need to enter it manually.

If you really must enter it manually, just remember that it then applies to ALL DL images / discs you burn until it's set back to 'Automatic'.

'Tools' menu -> 'Settings' option -> 'Write' tab.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm trying to burn 9 AVI files plus some additional files on a DVD+R DL. I'd like to know if there's a way to specify the program which files to place in which layer, because currently, on the automatic setting, ImgBurn simply places exactly half the sectors on one layer and half on the second layer, and that means that the layer break may happen in the middle of one of the AVI movies.

When I entered the settings, I found a way to manually enter the number of sectors that would be burned to L0, but I don't know how to translate that to specific files...

So, is there a way to do it in ImgBurn, or some other program? If not, how can I tell, after the burning, which file is broken across the two layers?

With buffering etc the physical layerbreak on the disc shouldn't be a problem when playing avi files.

So DIVX players, unlike DVD players, has buffering to avoid layer break being noticeable?

From this I understand that I simply have to burn the files, and let ImgBurn devide them to the two layers for me. So I guess a file is not harmed by being devided between two layers?

Still, I would like to know which file it is, just for testing purposes. Is there a way?

Yeah, the LB is only an issue for DVD Video discs and even then you can get around it by marking it as 'seamless'.

If you want to find out which file spans the LB you need to look at the L0 data zone capacity value in the info panel on the right and then look at the filesystem structure of the burnt disc (or ISO image) in something like IsoBuster and compare the LBA numbers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.