Imation buys Memorex!

dbminter

Oh, dear god... :&

Imation, another CMC bandwagon, buys Memorex, another CMC bandwagon...

You know, the funny thing is Imation, like Memorex, USED to offer some quality products 5 plus years ago. Then, they went cheap, e.g. CMC, and almost everything they made, from floppies to CD-R's to DVD recordables, to audio cassettes, to DVD-RAM, to data tape all turned to crap.

So, this means that, at least, Imation and Memorex will no longer be vying for the same shelf space at Wal-Mart to sell you cheap crap! You can get all your shit in one convenient place. :thumbup:

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/7234.cfm

Well, shortly after losing my DVD burning virginity, I realised that brand names were worthless. I only ever but blanks now if I know the media ID beforehand.

But thanks for the info. I'd always thought of Imation as a "quality" brand. I used to think of Memorex that way too - probably as a result of those TV ads showing the high note on the audio recording shattering the wine glass. But I was about five then - I know better now. Hopefully... ;)

I have some old memorex cdr's I bot "back in the day" of $400 4x2x4X cdr-drives. Have a few un-burned that do still work well, can over-speed them to 8X. When I first read about this merger, my first thought was similar to db's & digi's, one less brand name to avoid.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.