Optiarc 7170S I/O Error

Bjoerkis

Hey!!

Just installed a new MB and CPU. My Optiarc 7170S, that I have used for about a year with ImgBurn, now all of a sudden gives me the attached message. Tried to find out what it means but no luck.

post-13177-1216549984_thumb.jpg

I have tried Nero and there it works fine.

Any ideas?

Bjoerkis

post-13177-1216550349_thumb.jpg

Change your SATA cable

Change which SATA port you have it plugged into.

Set your Bios to use Emulated IDE for SATA ports.

Change the driver your using In windows to handle IDE/SATA

And It's not ImgBurn problem but yours as in your system / hardware/ drivers if Nero works for you keep paying for it and use it.

Please also start your own thread about a problem as you have different drive to the original thread poster.

still no success. now I get this error

W 20:49:13 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (0/2) - Unknown (0xF0, 0x08)

E 20:49:13 Failed to Format Disc! - Reason: Unknown (0xF0, 0x08)

post-12827-1216662860_thumb.jpg

Edited by dann23

You could also try using the wnaspi32.dll file from Nero in the ImgBurn program folder and switching the I/O interface to ASPI.

The errors you're getting aren't in the normal MMC spec range so I doubt they're from the drive itself - they're probably from the driver.

Optical drives really don't like being on anything except bog standard SATA controllers. Even AHCI mode can cause them to mess up and that's way more compatible with optical drives than RAID mode is.

I'am using wnaspi32.dll from nero. it works flawlessly. thank you.

So I guess that confirms that the problem is with ImagBurn's driver and not the cable, drive etc.... I have a similar problem with a relatively new LG Blu-Ray / HD reader/ DVD burner. Anytime I record an image and then put a blank disc in and try to switch imageburn from reading to writing it locks up trying to look at the disc. I can't even end task on it. (The program closes but the process does not) the only way to unlock the system is to reboot the computer (Usually twice).

I think it is a problem with ImageBurn's interaction with SATA DVD-Rom drives. but whatever it is it is definately an ImageBurn problem and not the hardware's fault.

Hopefully it will get fixed in a future update.

Carl.

imgburn doesn't have a driver, it uses interfaces from microsoft amongst others so there is nothing to fix, the problem lies with your own systems drivers

a lot of the beta team have sata drives installed and they all work fine, you just have to find the chipset drivers that work with your drive

Myself and at least 1 other beta team member have the LG Blu-ray/HD DVD drive working without any problems.

If your system behaves itself there's never any reason for anything to get stuck. Mine never does and I have 6 drives in my pc - and I bet I use ImgBurn a lot more than you do!

Either the drive/drivers process the command successfully or they don't (and error out). If they just sit on the command for days and days that's not really my problem. ImgBurn will just continue to wait patiently for success/failure. You cannot abort/end task during this period because ImgBurn is not in control - it's waiting for Windows to finish processing the 'DeviceIoControl' API call. Windows as a whole will basically appear to have hung at this point because no I/O will work.

So I guess that confirms that the problem is with ImagBurn's driver and not the cable, drive etc

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

If your system behaves itself there's never any reason for anything to get stuck. Mine never does and I have 6 drives in my pc - and I bet I use ImgBurn a lot more than you do!

How you can stay cool is beyond me :icecream:

So I guess that confirms that the problem is with ImagBurn's driver and not the cable, drive etc

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

How you can stay cool is beyond me :icecream:

Well since virtually everyone who is reporting this error (Including me I have at least 5 other programs that I use to write various types of data to my single SATA DVD burner) reports that their drives work just fine with several other CD / DVD writing programs I think it is obvious that it is ImageBurn that is not playing nice with these drives. How many of your 6 drives are SATA writers? since it seems to be with these (Or other interfaces that report themselves as being SCSI), that ImageBurn seems to be having problems with.

Carl.

Edited by Carl T

Well since virtually everyone who is reporting this error (Including me I have at least 5 other programs that I use to write various types of data to my single SATA DVD burner) reports that their drives work just fine with several other CD / DVD writing programs I think it is obvious that it is ImageBurn that is not playing nice with these drives. How many of your 6 drives are SATA writers? since it seems to be with these (Or other interfaces that report themselves as being SCSI), that ImageBurn seems to be having problems with.
Carl.

Stop talking sh*** and if you must then at least get the name of the program your whining about right. It is "ImgBurn"

Edit ...

Carl have you posted a log of a failed burn, have you also posted what motherboard your using with which driver and which sata port/ controller you have your optical connected to.

You see I only have 15 SATA writers So what do I know. Only The Samsung SATA ones I have do not play nice with writing onto DVD+R whilst trying to set book type to DVD-ROM

The Chipset/s I am using in MOBO[iCH7] and VIA addon card 6421L and GL chipset in SATA 2 usb adapter (This includes all burning programs) and only with DVD+R >DVD-ROM (My optiarc's/ Pioneers/ are fine though.

4 of them are SATA the other 2 are IDE

2 are on an ICH9R controller (running in the proper 'optical drive friendly' ATA mode).

2 others are on a Silicon Image 3512 PCI controller card.

The 2 IDE's are on a Silicon Image 680 PCI controller card.

I know I only mentioned 6 drives but I actually have a cupboard full of them dating back several years.

What you have to understand is that it makes no difference to the program (well, programs in general) how the drives are connected. All drives follow the MMC specs (available from www.t10.org) so they all talk the same language and that's independent of the interface used.

Drives are like cars, they might have different engines to make them go faster but at the end of the days the user still deals with a clutch, brake and accelerator.

If you push the accelerator and the car doesn't respond then there's something wrong with the car. It's no good trying to blame the user saying their right foot doesn't work when it's pretty clear that it's fine - and you'll know that because they've shoved it up your arse to prove it.

i tried to use dvdburn from windows resource kit which I believe it uses spti interface and it works. no errors. so there is no problem with SCSI drivers nor sata drive. the only program with the problem is imgburn whether you like or not.

Edited by dann23

You have the problem. You also have the choice of using whatever software you want but when it bites you on the backside and makes you look like a knob do not ask for help until you admit your a knob.

You can have your opinion and your entitled to it but your wrong.

Carl.

Stop talking sh*** and if you must then at least get the name of the program your whining about right. It is "ImgBurn"

Edit ...

Carl have you posted a log of a failed burn, have you also posted what motherboard your using with which driver and which sata port/ controller you have your optical connected to.

You see I only have 15 SATA writers So what do I know. Only The Samsung SATA ones I have do not play nice with writing onto DVD+R whilst trying to set book type to DVD-ROM

The Chipset/s I am using in MOBO[iCH7] and VIA addon card 6421L and GL chipset in SATA 2 usb adapter (This includes all burning programs) and only with DVD+R >DVD-ROM (My optiarc's/ Pioneers/ are fine though.

As with several people here I use several other programs including but not limited to Easy CD-DA extractor, CloneCD, CloneDVD2, Nero 7 Ultra, Power ISO, Magic ISO as well as others. I have no problems with any of them except imgburn.

Obviously imgburn has a problem with some hardware combinations.

Reporting a problem with a software program is not "whining" it is an attempt to help the developer fix his or her program. How else can you expect the developer to know what the problems are with their program if no one "whines" about them??

In order to help the developer resolve the issues with this program I provide the following info.:

I am running Windows Vista Business SP1 with all current updates

on an Asus PLD2 Deluxe Motherboard (Intel 945P chipset with ICH7

Pentium D 3.4Ghz

2GB DDR 667MHz RAM.

DVD Burner is an LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray / HD DVD reader / DVD / CD Burner with the latest firmware.

Display adapter is an EVGA / Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS

Let me know if there is any other info you need to help diagnose and resolve this problem.

There is nothing in the log since the problem is with initializing the disc. It happens when I have read a DVD to an image and then am switching modes from reading to writing. The program get's stuck on initializing the disc and stays there. End Tasking on the program in task manager does not have any effect. If I end task on the Process it will close the program but not the process. I have to turn of the computer manually and reboot in order to clear the process.

Thank you in advance

Carl.

Edited by Carl T

Maybe ditch vista for xp and when your using different drivers see if it works then, When it does you can then blame vista drivers.

And you can report about the program as many times as you like but when your report is wrong (and is blaming the wrong thing in this case your blaming the program when it clearly is not actually the program but something on your system that is not quite right) no one is gonna take it seriously.

Your hardware/drivers are at fault.

Wipe your install and get as many drivers as you can dated from early to latest and keep reinstalling your operating system until you get a stable system (which should be possible but bad drivers can cause untold mysteries) or return it to PC world or wherever you bought it from and get something that works as it should.

You can vote with your feet and just use all the other programs you mentioned, no one is forcing you to use ImgBurn.

My LG BR is fine On ICH7 set to IDE mode in BIOS (using same firmware as yours I bet)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.