IMGBurn did not prompt for layer break on DVD DL

Gus

Hi,

I successfully burned a /BDMV and/Certificate folder to a Verbatim on DVD DL but ImgBurn did not prompt me to select a layer break. I expected this to happen in the last step when you click on the icon when you are ready to burn the files. Nothing happened. Instead it showed the progress window and it went straight to burning the files. The total file size in the folders was 5,029,986,304 bytes as reported in the log. So this is about 300 megs more than a single layer can handle. The calculator showed free space of -300 Megs (107%), so for sure it won't fit on a DVD single layer.

The DVD works fine ... just expected the layer break window to pop up. Unless the size was too small and ignored by ImgBurn.

Any help would be appreciated... thanks! The log is below.

I 13:38:18 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 13:38:18 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 13:38:18 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,296 KB - Available: 1,235,800 KB

I 13:38:18 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:38:18 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:38:19 Found 2 DVD

Edited by Gus

So this is about 300 megs more than a single layer can handle. The calculator showed free space of -300 Megs (107%), so for sure it won't fit on a DVD single layer.

Your using dual layer so it would start to burn but give warning if you had of been using a DVD-5

Is the disc not really just a continuous DATA disc when played in ps3 when authored this way.

So this is about 300 megs more than a single layer can handle. The calculator showed free space of -300 Megs (107%), so for sure it won't fit on a DVD single layer.

Your using dual layer so it would start to burn but give warning if you had of been using a DVD-5

Ok, but how come no break layer window popped up. I thought the pop-up window happens regardless of the file size being recorded on the second layer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.