creating audio cd from flac with embedded cue file

soylentgreen

Am new to imgburn so please be gentle, I have sucessfully created a audio cd from mp3 files, however I cant from flac files, all my flacs files have an embedded cue file, I know burrn can create an audio cd from flac files with embedded cue, will there be an option soon to enable this in imgburn. If this was introduced then imgburn for me would be so perfect and fill all my burning and converting needs. :thumbup:

ImgBurn already can write audio CDs from FLAC files (and practically any audio file for that matter). The trick is that you need DirectShow or ACM codec installed so ImgBurn can decompress the file to WAV. If you have a big codec pack like K-Lite Full or something like that, you should already have such a codec. Still, you could install CoreFLAC and see if that helps.

Edited by AliveNoMore

ImgBurn already can write audio CDs from FLAC files (and practically any audio file for that matter). The trick is that you need DirectShow or ACM codec installed so ImgBurn can decompress the file to WAV. If you have a big codec pack like K-Lite Full or something like that, you should already have such a codec. Still, you could install CoreFLAC and see if that helps.

Thanks for the advice I downloaded the filter however imgburn only shows my flac file as one single track, as the flac is a album I would like it to show the individual tracks as it does in burrn, if I carry on with the process surely this will just create a audio cd with just one track.

Some visual assistance :P :

2akl9qw.png

Thanks guys it worked like a charm you are truly awasome. So correct me if am wrong basically if I have mp3s, muspack, wma files etc with a cue file I can just call up the cue file and write it to a cd to create a audio cd with all the tracks or in this case a flac file withe embedded cue. Or create a cue from audio files if they dont already have a cue file. So the key to making an audio cd is the cue file that replicates the tracks on to the cd. Looks like a bye bye to burrn. :thumbup::D

Yes, the CUE file is the important thing.

If you don't have one for a given set of files you can use ImgBurn to make one.

If it's embedded (and ImgBurn supports the file type as an image - i.e. can extract the embedded CUE from the audio file)), you can just try and load/burn the audio file directly as if it were an image.

Yes, the CUE file is the important thing.

If you don't have one for a given set of files you can use ImgBurn to make one.

If it's embedded (and ImgBurn supports the file type as an image - i.e. can extract the embedded CUE from the audio file)), you can just try and load/burn the audio file directly as if it were an image.

Brilliant great stuff, now the only thing I need to get me head round is write speeds, not to sure what speed to burn audio cds at and what speed to do films at or am I better just leaving it on auto, thanx lighting you are a cool dude. Thanx also to the rest of you guys you have been most helpful. :thumbup::thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.