HP Media Center FAT32 & NTFS on same HD

hmanusa

I have a problem burning DVD's on my HP Media Center a1247c. For reasons unknown to me HP has divided the factory installed HD into 2 segments (drive C: for owner computing [NTFS]; drive D: for restore purpose [FAT32]). I was told by HP the format of drive D: has to remain FAT32 for security reason and cannot be changed.

When attempting to burn a DVD ImgBurn finds this file format and breaks off the burning session. My PC runs Win XP.

Following is a copy of my most recent log along with a summary attached:

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 - Log

; Wednesday, 23 July 2008, 20:37:55

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 20:26:06 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 20:26:06 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 20:26:06 Total Physical Memory: 1,047,016 KB - Available: 363,220 KB

W 20:26:06 Drive H:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 20:26:06 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:26:06 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:26:06 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

imgburn.log

go to tools/settings/read/default destination and choose custom and choose a folder on C: , thats one way to do it (make a folder on C:, call it dvd or whatever you want)

Excellent! I appreciate your help. Thank you

it will always show as fat32, its not a problem its just giving you the information ;)

you can still store files on drive H: they will just get split into files less than 4gb

Drive H: has restricted access and is solely used for HP "RESTORE" purpose.

It must be something else that failes the burn attempt

imgburn_2_.log

The log doesn't show any problem.

If you're getting an error box or something pop up, please get a screenshot of it so we can see what you're seeing.

[/

After upgrading to the latest version of IB I kept receiving error messages: Windows - NO disk. That prompted me to uninstall IB and re-install the latest version. I went ahead and selected a default folder on drive C:. So tonight I shall make another attempt to burn with IB. Let's see what happens.

I 19:53:21 Test Mode: Yes

Test mode, as the name suggests, only tests the burn process, but doesn't actually write to the disc :)

DUH!!!! I saw the box "TEST" checked (thinking it is a pre-test of sort before writing the data onto the DVD). I make sure to remove the check mark and I shall keep you updated.

Henry

Test mode, as the name suggests, only tests the burn process, but doesn't actually write to the disc :)

DUH!!!! I saw the box "TEST" checked (thinking it is a pre-test of sort before writing the data onto the DVD). I make sure to remove the check mark and I shall keep you updated.

Henry

SUCCESS!!! I was able to burn succesfully my DVD. However, as I am working on my 2nd DVD burn I received an error message (I don't recall the details) and now I have a message in the lower left corner: Device not ready (Medium not present - Tray closed) when in fact a DVD is present inside burner. A copy of the image is attached.

Any thoughts? I shall delete IG and install another copy in the meantime, hoping that will clear the condition.

Henry

Video_Shoot_questionare.doc

Henry

SUCCESS!!! I was able to burn succesfully my DVD. However, as I am working on my 2nd DVD burn I received an error message (I don't recall the details) and now I have a message in the lower left corner: Device not ready (Medium not present - Tray closed) when in fact a DVD is present inside burner. A copy of the image is attached.

Any thoughts? I shall delete IG and install another copy in the meantime, hoping that will clear the condition.

Henry

I un-installed and re-installed ImgBurn. Still receiving same error message. Must be something with WINDOWS XP. Your thoughts are appreciated. At this point I have no clue where to begin to search for answers.

Henry

Still receiving same error message

Can you please get a screenshot of this error message - making sure both the ImgBurn windows are fully visible too (main window and log window that is) alongside the error box.

Hi,

I thought I had attached a screen shot, after checking my prev. post I realized I had attached the wrong document. Attached this time is a copy. Also my DVD burned died and that is most likely the reason for the message. Excuse the crude quality of the picture.

Henry

post-13240-1217083311_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.