Audio CD burn - background noise

runrunrun

Hello all,

Imgburn says everything was burnt perfectly, but I have trouble playing the music without background noise. The music is light classical and keep getting some sort of drum line in the back ground.

Pioneer DVD-RW 215D

I'm using TDK and GQ CD-R

Here's the log.

I 15:36:10 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 15:36:10 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 15:36:10 Total Physical Memory: 1,039,852 KB - Available: 608,332 KB

I 15:36:10 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:36:10 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:36:10 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

If you play the source files through Windows Media Player that noise isn't there? Where are you listening the burned CDs (computer/standalone DVD player/car player/etc)?

If you play the source files through Windows Media Player that noise isn't there? Where are you listening the burned CDs (computer/standalone DVD player/car player/etc)?

Nothing wrong with the tracks. I played them with Winamp and Windows.

I played the cD in my computer, home stereo system and car and still get a horrible extra drum line.

What can it be??

Thank you.

No idea but feel free to update the firmware on your drive whenever you get a minute.

I updated the firmware, but still keep getting that extra noise.

Anymore input?

Could it be a bad drive? Or bad electrical connection?

The firmware wouldn't have fixed the noise, that'll be from the filters your machine is using to decode the files probably.

Load ImgBurn, press f6 and then load your CUE file.

The log window will list which filters the conversion is using and there might be a clue in there as to what the problem is.

The firmware wouldn't have fixed the noise, that'll be from the filters your machine is using to decode the files probably.

Load ImgBurn, press f6 and then load your CUE file.

The log window will list which filters the conversion is using and there might be a clue in there as to what the problem is.

FOUND THE ISSUE!!

It's actually ImgBurn.

I went online and looked for a new program came accross Cheeta CD Burner and tried it. Now the tracks are crystal clear. I heard very good things about imgburn, but I guess i'll stick with nero or cheeta.

thank you everyone and your patience is very much appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.