"Write Speed" dropdown list improvements

Dstruct

Currently if you have an empty CD-R in your drive, ImgBurn still lists speeds from 1x up to 56x. Why?

Wouldn't it be nice if the "Write Speed" dropdown only would show the speeds that your drive is capable of, minus the not supported speeds for the media?

Say I have a drive which can write 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x and 32x. The media I want to write just supports 4x, 8x and 16x:

=> now ImgBurn should only show

AUTO

MAX

4x

8x

16x

Makes sense?

Edited by Dstruct

Info pane to the right lists write speed of media currently in drive.

I know. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the Write Speed dropdown menu which lists speeds which make no sense at all.

I think there are better things to do with a program than some of the recent suggestions.

Besides which thats the point of AUTO setting for you to input the max speed you want.

Also some of us actually a lot of us have drives that can go faster than they are meant to

• 6 months later...

but yet it is still wrong :P

Say I have a drive which can write 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x and 32x. The media I want to write just supports 4x, 8x and 16x

Does not matter which one you choose under media reported lowest speed EG from your list above your media supports 4x 8x 16x drive cannot write 2x (it will jump to lowest supported speed for media in this case 4x) You choose 4x media will burn @4 choose 8x will get 8x 16 will do 16 32x will only do 16x

Info pane to the right lists write speed of media currently in drive.

I know. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the Write Speed dropdown menu which lists speeds which make no sense at all.

The available write speeds in the drop down list are from BD through CD. Of course you aren't going to burn a DVD at 32X or higher...those speeds are there for the other types of media. :thumbup:

I like the suggestion as I posted the same thing ages ago. My thread seems to have been wiped out in a forum cleaning.

What I do would like to have added is the 22x write speed option in the drop down list. Now it seems not possible to burn with that speed in ImgBurn, unless you select 'MAX' as the speed and with 24x writers around the corner, it could be nice to have that value.

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F SB03 (SCSI)

Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.