burning player-combatable dvds...

pheres_synyster

i downloaded a dvd in .avi format, and i was wondering if imgburn could burn it to a dvd and make it dvd player compatible. i only have DVD-Rs, so id like to know if its going to work or not before i burn it, so that i dont waste discs. i figured that if i converted the video into an image file and then wrote the image to a disc that it would work, but i thought id ask first, just in case.

Because maybe they don't need to convert any files?! Besides which if I wanted to convert a file I wouldn't use a all in one tool since I like to control what happens at every stage.

Thank you and I already had it open but when I tried to add one of my .avi files in dvd flick it says ffmpeg.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close and when i try to add it again it and then it said my file has no useable video tracks and will not be added to the project.

So what do I do? I want to author my dvd and convert it so ImgBurn can burn it but DVD flick has screwed it up... <_<

Have you tried playing the AVI file just to make sure it's OK? I've used DVDFlick many times, and it's worked perfectly for me. Perhaps you could try uninstalling DVDFlick and reinstalling it.

However, like mmalves says, this really is a forum for ImgBurn support. If your problem persists, I'm sure there are plenty of other forums that may have this problem already covered.

Good luck!

The only other software that I've used to do what you're describing is (sighs) Nero Vision Express. It allows one to create custom menus. Other than that, I don't know of any other (free) software that does what you want to do.

I would imagine it would just install the beta over the stable version; not sure if that would make a difference.

Perhaps you may want to try ConvertXtoDVD; most people who've used it (me not being one of them) seem to like it. They offer a trial download before purchasing. Other than that, I think you're pretty much out of luck, unless you ditch the menus.

Edited by Flawless115

You also might want to try taking this to pm or to the dvdflick forums since this site is maintained for ImgBurn and Imgburn related problems. But also remember that beta's are just that...betas... and the next will probably solve whatever the current problem is and may create other problems...that also need to be discussed on their forum....... :thumbup:

You also might want to try taking this to pm or to the dvdflick forums since this site is maintained for ImgBurn and Imgburn related problems. But also remember that beta's are just that...betas... and the next will probably solve whatever the current problem is and may create other problems...that also need to be discussed on their forum....... :thumbup:

Agreed!

Instead of him taking it to their forums (or better still fixing his pirated avi himself), he started a whole new topic, where he whinges and moans and bumps his posts if they are not immediately answered.

Christ all bloody mighty.

Wolverine - what has your crappy conversion of a pirated download got to do with ImgBurn? Puh-leeeeze; save us all from him.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.