Ripped videos don't work with anything

redmonke255

I rip a video by using the disk > image, browse location, all files, .wmv or .mp2.

I think it's using some weird codec or something, because I can't import the videos into Window's media player, movie maker, or upload to youtube.

I can play it in VLC, though.

Ok, so you're saying that I can't make a .wmv or a .mp2 or a .avi with imgburn?

Well, you'd be wrong, because I've been doing it for well over half a year now, and I used to be able to edit the videos, but now I can't.

I mean, you haven't tried it? Pop in a dvd, hit read, choose the location and in the bottom where it says .iso, check all files, name the file and end it with .wmv. See what happens.

And, yes, that is the definition of "ripping."

I'm sorry, but I know my way around a computer, and if you guys have even used this product before and have some computer knowledge, then I'd expect you to know how to do this.

Edited by redmonke255

I inserted a DVD movie disc and the only options I have are .bin, img and .iso. I haven't found any way to encode the video to .avi either.

I guess I'm using the wrong version of the program. :(

lol gimme some of what your smoking.

you can make em like that all day long but they will not work the way you think and you proved that by saying you have a problem.

I can rip them to any format I want using file extensions, It's not encoding it to that extension

run the ouputt-ed file thru gspot

Well, you'd be wrong, because I've been doing it for well over half a year now, and I used to be able to edit the videos, but now I can't.

I mean, you haven't tried it? Pop in a dvd, hit read, choose the location and in the bottom where it says .iso, check all files, name the file and end it with .wmv. See what happens.

And, yes, that is the definition of "ripping."

I'm sorry, but I know my way around a computer

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA =)) =)) =))

What you're suggesting, you utter ning-nong, is tantamount to saying that if you take a Word document and change its extension from doc to xls, it magically becomes an XL one. Some computer expert!!

BTW: You CAN do this with VOB to MPG (as VOB files are a subset of the MPEG-2 specification - which, unlike you, I do actually know something about).

Regards

imgburn1rt4.png

imgburn2hf1.png

And blutach, I guess you're some genius, huh. Because you obviously every program that has the option to save it as all files requires you to put in your own file extension, but I guess you know everything.

Why don't you try it out you moron.

Edited by redmonke255

ImgBurn's Read mode creates a disc image (i.e. an exact representation of the source disc including its filesystem) and, even though you can name it whatever way you want, it still is a disc image. You can play it with VLC Media Player because VLC was designed to be able to play video from disc images. Windows Media Player and others were not designed like that, so that's why they can't open it.

Use WinRAR/7-Zip/IsoBuster/etc to extract the contents from the disc image that you renamed and you'll probably be able to play them on pretty much any program.

By the way, unless you want to burn an exact copy of your source disc, or maybe have a backup disc image stored on your HD for later burning it, use Windows Explorer/My Computer to copy the disc's contents.

Here redmonke255 download gspot and open your so called wmv in gspot and it will say mpeg2.

Whoever the fk told you to do things like this is a moron and if that was yourself then thats even worse.

Once you have your movie to ISO or video_ts folders load it up into one of the many video convertors and you can then encode it to wmv. mp4 avi divx xvid whatever you want.

Btw update your avg and you do not do that by renaming the shortcut :rolleyes:

Hey Guys

Just thought I'd register and pop in!

But why did I do that?

Because I could not resist saying that this is one of the funniest threads in many a forum!

It has enlightened me and has turned me into a super guru of computing.

It has showed me how I can produce any file I want just by saving it.

Pure magic....just put in the extension you want... and abracadabra, you have a video file. Fair enough its probably not playable. But if it doesn't work, ITS YOUR FAULT, cause you're a moron and I'm super smart :teehee:

brilliant! :thumbup:

Absolutely prize winning humour....Black Adder, The Office, Scrubs, all you pretenders to the throne: Move over

WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION!

Here redmonke255 download gspot and open your so called wmv in gspot and it will say mpeg2.

Whoever the fk told you to do things like this is a moron and if that was yourself then thats even worse.

Once you have your movie to ISO or vide_ts folders load it up into one of the many vide convertors and you cna then encode it to wmv. mp4 avi divx xvid whatever you want.

Btw update your avg and you do not do that by renaming the shortcut

I turned off the link scanner in AVG. ;)

Thanks for not being as gay as the others and giving something helpful.

Well, this product sucks anyways. I'll use Alcohol 120%.

ImgBurn's Read mode creates a disc image (i.e. an exact representation of the source disc including its filesystem) and, even though you can name it whatever way you want, it still is a disc image. You can play it with VLC Media Player because VLC was designed to be able to play video from disc images. Windows Media Player and others were not designed like that, so that's why they can't open it.

Use WinRAR/7-Zip/IsoBuster/etc to extract the contents from the disc image that you renamed and you'll probably be able to play them on pretty much any program.

By the way, unless you want to burn an exact copy of your source disc, or maybe have a backup disc image stored on your HD for later burning it, use Windows Explorer/My Computer to copy the disc's contents.

Ok, I have Winrar so I'll be sure to try it out and see how it works. I'll look for a tutorial somewhere.

And even though Alcohol 120% isn't free, 52% is. ;)

Blutach gets the "I'm cool because I like to make fun of people online because people make fun of me in real life" award for the day. :geek:

COME ON DOWN AND CLAIM YOUR PRIZE!

Thanks for being the most worthless help ever, buddy.

Well, this product sucks anyways. I'll use Alcohol 120%.

Tell that to the people over at PC World, who are also morons, I guess, but not as big a moron as you, because they awarded it Tool of the Month this month.

@Guzeppi - right on! :)

Regards

Tell that to the people over at PC World, who are also morons, I guess, but not as big a moron as you, because they awarded it Tool of the Month this month.

I reckon we should award that as well, I can think of a candidate for it already.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.