Recording Blu Ray format to DL DVD

nwg

I have recorded Blu Ray format to single layer DVD fine and works brilliantly (don't have a BD burner). The disc then plays on a BD player. I have now created a double layers worth of data and was wondering if Imgburn would still remember to do a layer change? I just wanted to know before it ruined a DL disc. It is in BD file structure with BDMV and Certifcate directories.

Thanks.

By default ImgBurn calculates the optimal position for the layerbreak when dealing with data discs, so, if you haven't changed the Settings (under the Tools menu) you have nothing to worry about :)

yeah, it'll just split the data in half and put equal amounts on both layers.

Thanks for the great answers. I just didn't want to trash a DL disc. In over five years, I have only ever had one coaster and that was a DL. I tried burning a DL before programs became sufficient at it.

Ok, another question. If I take the same files and create a image file. Will the created MD5 have the layer change position?

Edited by nwg

Really great to see you again Nic. Sorry to see the poms win all those gold medals though mate!

Regards

Ditto, it's been a while. I am not into the olympics but hopefully we can hold off the Russians. It's too close.

Must be a really painfull time for you Oz blokes...

The failure of Australian men's swimming team to win a single gold (it's the first time that's happened since 1976 in Montreal) and the British domination in cycling and sailing must be very hard...

We even got gold in the Women's 400meters...

I, uh, weep for you. (The Walrus said), I (hic) oh excuse me,

I deeply sympathise...

Edited by Altercuno

The failure of Australian men's swimming team to win a single gold (it's the first time that's happened since 1976 in Montreal) and the British domination in cycling and sailing must be very hard...

I deeply sympathise...

It makes up for Team GB getting 10th back then. I am impresed with Jamaica, they were 34th last time and now 11th.

Convict baiting? Surely not...

There is a famous story from Seoul in 1988 that there were so many used condoms on the roof terrace of the British team's residential block the night after the swimming concluded that the British Olympic Association sent out an edict banning outdoor sex.

In Beijing, organisers have realised that such prohibitions are about as useful as banning breathing and have, instead, handed out thousands of free condoms to the athletes. If you can't stop 'em, at least make it safe.

Real men...no doubt the Aussie team were tucked up in bed by 9 with a glass of warm milk. :D

Good point about Jamaica, that Bolt geezer is something else...

Hey lfc. Did you hear about the woman who married a ghost? Turns out he put the willies up her on their wedding night...

I deeply sympathise...

This coming from a chess wannabee! :D :D :D

Yes, I was bloody upset at Hackett and for those blokes whose boat capsized twice while in a gold possie. And who woulda thought the poms would buy so many cycling golds, eh? Not to worry - it's supposed to be sport and the REAL game starts next British summer where we defend our 5-0 walloping of you lot in the cricket!

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.