update popup?

gnar34

when i burn it gets to the end and will stop burning for this stupid update. i like the version i have and dont want to update .can i turn this off?if i am not by my pc it will not finish till i say no to update.how can i turn it off? thanks

when i burn it gets to the end and will stop burning for this stupid update. i like the version i have and dont want to update .can i turn this off?if i am not by my pc it will not finish till i say no to update.how can i turn it off? thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Are you talking about DVDflick - as per the picture you posted ? If so that is nothing to do with ImgBurn nor are it's updates.....

The ImgBurn check for new version only comes up at the start when you open the program, it doesn't in my experience ever prevent a burn from finishing..... Haven't used DVDFlick so don't know it that does what you describe....

First of all like LIGHTINING UK! said, update DVDFlick, your version is over a year old.

And second if you insist in using old software then do the following:

run Imgburn alone by clicking start, clicking run, typing (or copy and paste) "C:\Program Files\DVD Flick\imgburn\imgburn.exe" in the dialogue box and click OK.

In Imgburn click tools, click events anbd change "check for program updates" to "never"

There, you have it all now.

Edited by Guzeppi

• 2 weeks later...
So people just look for the 'Help' option regardless of which program it's in?

I suppose if you don't know any better then ImgBurn could appear to just be part of DVD Flick.

I suppose so yes, but you really have to not know any better, because the way it works its pretty obvious that ImgBurn is a separate program that kicks in when burning to DVD is set (not on by default). It opens in its own separate window and retains control until its finished or the user intervenes.

But I guess you're right, some might not even want to think that there could be a suite of programs working (ffmpeg, pulldown, tmplex, spumux, dvdauthor etc) one after another, behind a common GUI, instead of having to run them separately and having to learn how each works (some of which are CLI). But ImgBurn has its own interface, so its hard to mistake it for anything else. Nonetheless, as we just saw above, a few do unfortunately, despite the splashscreen and different GUI. :rolleyes:

Edited by Guzeppi

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.