Audio CD Puzzle - 2

Bill M

While looking for solutions to the problem described in my previous post, I tried to see if I could burn the CD on my laptop system (IMGBurn 2.4.2.0, Win XP Home sp2) to see if the problem was hardware related. This involves a cue sheet including information for 27 tracks in two files.

In this case, after analyzing the two audio files, IMGBurn stopped with a 'Failed to send Cue Sheet!' error. Obviously, the cue sheet was accessed, since the program recognized the two audio files.

I also tried a simple cue sheet, giving a single track starting at 0 for each of the files. This proceeded (in test mode) without the error.

Is there an explanation for this?

The CUE file you're thinking of and the Cue Sheet error the program is displaying are totally different things.

Load your queue and bring up the image information screen so I can see it place.

I can get at this with the right-hand button next to the Create CD CUE File button, correct? When I do that, the resulting data in the Image Information window cannot be copy/pasted. How do you suggest I send this data?

Attached is a screenshot of the Image Information screen. Also, following is the log file.

I 20:37:55 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 20:37:55 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 20:37:55 Total Physical Memory: 1,038,320 KB - Available: 651,868 KB

W 20:37:55 Drive R:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 20:37:55 Drive T:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 20:37:55 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:37:55 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:37:55 Found 1 DVD

post-13820-1220316827_thumb.png

Right well that one looks ok so now I need another one...

Click the same 'Image Information' button you did just then, but this time hold down 'control' (CTRL) whilst you're doing it.

The program should then actually analyse the files before bringing up the box.

Another scrolling screenshot of that one would be very helpful :)

Right well that one looks ok so now I need another one...

Click the same 'Image Information' button you did just then, but this time hold down 'control' (CTRL) whilst you're doing it.

The program should then actually analyse the files before bringing up the box.

Another scrolling screenshot of that one would be very helpful :)

Here it is. I see that the LBA values differ by 2 starting at track 12, which is the start of the second file.

post-13820-1220379958_thumb.png

Are you able to burn other audio images (CUE files) with ImgBurn?

Please try burning it again, but before you click the 'Write' button, press the F8 key to enable debug mode.

Yes, as stated in my first post, the CUE file for the same input files, but with one track per file, 'burned' OK (in test mode).

I have been running these trials in test mode, to avoid wasting CDs. Will that be OK for the debug mode test?

Yes that's fine.

Of course if it's failing in this same place all the time then test mode isn't going to make any difference as nothing has been burnt onto the disc.

Can you also please attach the cue file you're attempting to burn (you might need to zip it up).

Here's both files zipped.

testlog.zip

Yes that's fine.

Of course if it's failing in this same place all the time then test mode isn't going to make any difference as nothing has been burnt onto the disc.

Can you also please attach the cue file you're attempting to burn (you might need to zip it up).

Here's both files zipped.

testlog.zip

Hi LIGHTNING,

Can you find anything amiss in these files?

Thanks for your help.

Damn, I obviously wasn't looking hard enough at the screenshot.

Here's the problem:

TRACK 10 AUDIO

TITLE "Are you a real King?"

INDEX 11 17:15:00

It should be:

TRACK 10 AUDIO

TITLE "Are you a real King?"

INDEX 01 17:15:00

Good eye! Solved the problem, and also the one I posted as Audio CD Puzzle - 1 on 31st August 2008 - 01:18 PM.

Once again, proof that "Computers do exactly what you tell them to do, especially when you're wrong!".

Thanks for your help with this, and for your excellent program.

Bill

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.