optiarc bdrom 5500s

XJB

Hello i have a dv-7 notebook with optiarc bd rom 5500s and i cant burn dvd-r with Imgburn only i can with cyberdvd (HP preinstaled software) Is it normal?

I need any drivers?

I tried in win vista (32bits) with all HP preinstaled software and win vista (64bits) without HP preinstaled software.

Thanks ;)

Hello when i'm trying to burn a DVD-r my burner only write "lead in".

I'm waiting around 15 min and the burn's progress didn't advance, always 1% writing lead in. (speed write: 8x)

I questioned to a HP technician and he told me that always i will burn my dvd-r with "preinstalled software" :S it's amazing but with cyberdvd "HP preinstalled soft" i can burn dvdr

Any suggestion?

Sorry to my english

LOG:

01:41:35 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 01:41:35 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 01:41:35 Total Physical Memory: 4.190.236 KB - Available: 3.077.500 KB

I 01:41:35 Initialising SPTI...

I 01:41:35 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 01:41:35 Found 1 DVD

hello. I'm suspecting that i have installed one HP problematic program or drivers, because in safe mode i can burn at DAO/SAO.

i have consulted to HP technical and he repeat me that "it's obligatory burn with cyberdvd." :teehee: It's amazing.

I will try solve this problem cleaning my notebook.

best wishes

Hello, my 'filter drivers'

===============================================

Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.2.0

===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]

Upper Class Filter: [None Found]

Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device

Lower Class Filter: [None Found]

Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

I'm very despair.... now i can burn but only in 2x write speed. (windows normal mode)

At safe mode i can write at any write speed auto, 8x,4x,2x.... in reality burns 2.1x.

I have check automatic write speed --> device--> n/a

I have reinstalled all, win64, win32, device...

i have utilized verbatim dvd-r (16x)

any suggest?

If the burning speed doesn't go above 2.0x then it's still working in PIO mode, and Windows may lie when it says the device is in UltraDMA mode, that's why I said to follow the post all the way through (removing controllers and rebooting) :)

Hello, after any tests... i have checked that:

with clonedvd2 i can burn correctly without problems and i can burn DAO cdrom audio with imgburn or nero....

however i try burn DVD-R with imgburn or nero and only i can burn the lead in, after this the burner is stopped.

Although i think that the problem is any dll, driver or similar... Because when i had installed all HP preinstalled soft, clonedvd and imgburn i could burn correctly with imgburn making us of SPTi microsoft interface.

i'm not interested in restore my notebook, because i had a vista 32bits and in reality i had several problems about stability, it was amazing.......however with vista ultimate 64bits my notebook had more stability.... but only i can burn correctly with clonedvd and maybe with imgburn if i try to change interface...microsoft to clonedvd... tomorrow maybe try it.

I'm interesting in install xp but it isn't a easy task, because i have sata hard drive and dvd device and my notebook is too new.... maybe next weekend i will try it.

Anyways i'm not understand because i can burn correctly with clonedvd and i couldn't with nero & imgburn.

Thank you for the help. ;)

Hello i have tried to burn with the interface changed ( Microsoft STI to ElbyCDIO) and i have burned correctly. Why with the microsoft STI i can't burn correctly? Any proposition?

//****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; domingo, 07 septiembre 2008, 20:21:15

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 19:56:52 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 19:56:52 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 19:56:52 Total Physical Memory: 4.190.236 KB - Available: 3.035.032 KB

I 19:56:52 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:56:52 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:56:52 Found 1 DVD

• 5 months later...

Most burners work well with DAO/SAO mode, but there are a few particular burners that like Incremental mode better. Both modes seem to do the same thing in the end so you don't need to worry about it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.