Problem with Dual layer disc burn

daphnec

This is my first attempt with dual layer discs. I think my drive burner supports DL burning but the disc failed to burn. Can anyone please tell me if it is a burner problem or do i have lousy discs. I dont know what the incompatible format is referring to. Under capabilities it has a tick next to write DVD+R DL

Drive is Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-8325 1.00 (E:) ATA firmware version 1.0

this is the log:

I 21:13:53 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 21:13:53 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 21:13:53 Total Physical Memory: 2,096,428 KB - Available: 1,544,252 KB

I 21:13:53 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:13:53 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:14:22 Found 1 DVD

Hi I'm back with another problem. I went and got some Verbatim discs as suggested (they are next to impossible to find in SA and I only managed to find them online). Most shops had TDK+R DL and Vebatim-R DL but not Verbatim+R DLs.

so i went to try burnng this iso. My friend managed to burn this iso successfully so I dont know if it is my burner or what that is the problem.

Here is my log.

I 23:20:55 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 23:20:55 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 23:20:55 Total Physical Memory: 2,096,428 KB - Available: 1,461,688 KB

I 23:20:55 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:20:55 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:21:05 Found 1 DVD

boy you are quick Lightning. You really live up to your name. Thanks. The discs are from Singapore and the dye lot you suggested on the forum.

sigh, I am trying to do this on my laptop. The drive has not had much use as I dont use this PC much. I am using a ASUS Lamborghini VX1 series laptop.

I wnted the challenge but it is getting expensive. Maybe I will just have to give up.

Yes I have managed to burn single layer isos successfully for Wii. Also burnt the single layer SSSB on this drive with no problems with playback. I did try looking for the drive firmware update on the imgburn link but got really confused on that page. I have no idea where to find the firmware version. I would greatly appreciate your help pointing me in the right direction for this.

Ok I can get into cdfreaks now but can't find any firmware or links for it for your drive - is it quite old ?

I got the computer in 2006. It was the latest dual core intel at the time. didn't think it would have dated so quickly. I remember I did manage one firmware update sometime back in the dvd decrypter forum days. I think it was Shamus who found it for me then.

I have tried all sorts of places and firmware for the drive seems to be rarer than rocking horse sh.. well you get the picture :D

I did find a lot of not very positive reviews of Matshita drives and for ease I have highlighted the most common report for you in the name....

I know it's another expense but maybe you would be better served with a new drive ?

Hi I'm back with another problem. I went and got some Verbatim discs as suggested (they are next to impossible to find in SA and I only managed to find them online). Most shops had TDK+R DL and Vebatim-R DL but not Verbatim+R DLs.

so i went to try burnng this iso. My friend managed to burn this iso successfully so I dont know if it is my burner or what that is the problem.

Here is my log.

I 23:20:55 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 23:20:55 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 23:20:55 Total Physical Memory: 2,096,428 KB - Available: 1,461,688 KB

I 23:20:55 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:20:55 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:21:05 Found 1 DVD

You need Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x (MKM-001-00 dye, made in Singapore).

All other DL discs are rubbish in comparison.

hey Lightning........

you know,

its hard to find the right media out there. do you know if the UK UPC is the same as the America's UPC.

how can you tell on the package where it was made and what DYE they used?

thanks

Edited by pstatme

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.