Can only burn one dvd upon opening imgburn

spaceace

Greetings. I've been using imgburn for several years with great success. Recently however, imgburn will only burn one disc upon opening. Second disc will not burn. The time starts ticking but no burn occurs. I have to close and re open imgburn each time I want to burn another disc. Any ideas? I've un installed and re installed to no avail.

Thanks!

Edited by spaceace

Can you post the log of the burn session where that happens? You can find the log at Help menu -> ImgBurn Logs.

You'll see disc one (nims island) burned fine. disc two (turistas) hangs. It won't get past burn proof enabled and I have to abort.

I 14:11:05 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 14:11:05 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 14:11:05 Total Physical Memory: 3,668,448 KB - Available: 2,923,040 KB

W 14:11:05 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

I 14:11:05 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:11:05 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:11:06 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Edited by spaceace

Not erroring out just means something in your system really isn't playing nicely and I expect the OS is having to wait for an answer - which it never gets.

If the OS never gets an answer, ImgBurn never gets an answer and the OS remains in control - basically that means ImgBurn is frozen at this point.

You can use the stuff in the FAQ to pin point where the locking issue is coming from (see which app is using the drive) and hopefully then you'll be able to fix it.

If it stays being a problem you'll probably have no choice but to tell ImgBurn not to attempt to get exclusive usage of the drive at all.

Please note that this is a workaround (NOT recommended) and not an actual fix.

To fix it you need to find out why the OS is getting stuck trying to give ImgBurn exclusive access to the drive and correct it by updating/removing the problem causing software/driver.

Because the 'E:' you're searching for is matched to '...SERVICE:34e' etc.

I have no idea why the API command isn't working, you'd have to dig much deeper to get an answer to that.

Maybe you have some dodgy filter drivers installed or something.

Check them out in the Tools menu.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.