Help burning 8MB DVD!

Wryter

Hi - I'm very new to this DVD-copying thing, so please be patient. I'm trying to make a personal copy of an opera that I have on DVD. I've copied it to hard drive, but when I try to burn it to disc it says there's not enough room! The file is some 8 MB - and I guess a DVD only holds 4.7 MB? Guessing here.

So - Do I need dual-layer discs? And how did the original DVD creaters get that much stuff on a commercially-produced DVD?

Sure could use some help, as I need to copy a very-scratched opera disc or four.

Thanx in advance!

If it's 8GB, yes you'll need a dual layer disc to burn it onto (assuming you don't want to make it smaller by shrinking/recoding it).

Please bear in mind that ImgBurn won't copy a disc if it's protected.

P.S. It's 'GB', not 'MB' if you're talking about the size of a disc.

8MB would be tiny.

(BLUSH)

Of course you are quite correct. GB, NOT MB! Sigh. . .I just had cataract surgery, and things don't look "normal" as of yet. Had to type with only one eye open - and half a brain in operation! (grin)

OK - the hard drive file is not copyguarded - in video_TS(?) format. So, I just go buy some dual discs and follow ImgBurn directions? I'm assuming that the software WILL burn to the larger disc?

This is really my first time out with this, and old dogs really DON'T learn new tricks easily!

Many thanks.

Get Verbatim DVD+R Dual Layer 2.4x (MKM-001-00 dye) Made in Singapore blanks, as they're the best dual layer media available, and then follow this guide to burn your dual-layer DVD :)

OK - I've got Verbatim discs on order, though I have no idea where they're made. And I have copied down the forum instructions re dual-layer discs.

Thank you!

Now I'll see how badly I can mess it all up. I'm very good at that. . .(grin)

Again - thanks for your willingness to help! I've read all the applicable guides (well-written, BTW) but am still pretty much "in the dark" regarding all the various cells to be copied (or not) when using the "movie only" settings. I think I need to read further about all this! Sigh.

As I'm copying mostly opera, I want to make sure that nothing is left out or distorted in any way.

Anyway, because I have no discs yet, I have lots of time to read as much as I can. Wow! This is like going back to college. . .especially for a guy who's seen seven decades pass, with incredible changes in technology, some of which I actually understand! (grin)

Thanx again. . .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.