Wrong layer size against image

Wiley

Hello

I rencently tried burning a game, but it failed due to the first layer not been the same size as the image. Not had this problem before so I would like to know if it is a problem with the image, the drive or just a bad disc? The log is below:

I 13:09:38 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 13:09:38 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 13:09:38 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,596 KB - Available: 1,414,572 KB

I 13:09:38 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:09:38 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:09:39 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Ok so you got a duff burn. If it's a 1 off, forget about it.

I'd stick to the 2.4x Verbatim discs (MKM-001-00 dye) if I were you though.

You could also try buring at one of the REAL available write speeds (2.4x isn't an option so 4x would have been used anyway) - i.e. 6x or 8x. You might find that will actually produce a better quality burn.

Being a liteon drive, you can actually use tools like cdspeed and dvdinfopro to perform burn quality tests. I don't suppose that'll help you here though because that disc is basically a coaster now so far as that drive is concerned - ejecting and reinserting can sometimes make it initialise the disc properly though.

All I was pointing out is that 2.4x doesn't exist as an option for your drive / media / firmware combo.

Your choices are 4x, 6x and 8x.

Slowest doesn't always mean best. Sometimes a faster speed can produce better results, it all depends on what's been tweaked in the firmware.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.