Verbatim

Snazz

Well, seeing as Traxdata seems to be going a bit shitty of late, I thought I'd treat myself to some exceptional quality disks, these babies really look the part. In total with postage Vat and so on they are 48pence each. It may seem expensive in comparison to some, but what price for quality. The Plextor 712sa burns them at 8 x and the NEC 3520A 12x. Im trying to use DRIVEINFOPRO to see the quality, but it's taking for ever, and i'm not sure i'll know what i'm looking at when it's done

Flashed the NEC with MAD DOGS firmware, are they fucking stupid? nothing sees the drive as NEC anymore, what do I do to flash it back or change it? DOH!

Flashed the NEC with MAD DOGS firmware, are they fucking stupid? nothing sees the drive as NEC anymore, what do I do to flash it back or change it? DOH!

I used the maddog for over 6 months and got good burns with it, but scanning stopped as did bitsetting,

flashed 3 times since then! 2u4 > (Dee's advise) 2u3 > 2u2(MichaelDebor's advise)

http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/3520/

some drives do better with firmware based on 3.05, some with 3.06

course i have 2 more to sort out(3520's)

The drive works fine, even 12x burns. I jjust don't like the fact it's not called NEC- whatever anymore, some MAD DOG nonsense instead.

Snazz...

I believe 'Mad Dog' is NEC's 'other' brand? They are big around here, all the superstores are carrying them and have them displayed in priority positions on their shelves...

Not that this helps with the naming of the device, but just thought I'd share some info... ;)

Ok, I remembered something about the name from ages ago. Something about them being able to copy what ever, and getting their asses kicked for it. Oh well, I can't do sod all about it now. Least it works, just means it's gonna be a real pain to flash with anything else, other than Mad Dog firmware.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.