probably a stupid question, but...

Nariel

A disc image file is an exact representation from the source disc used to create such image file, therefore, when you burn that image to a blank disc, it shall act exactly as the source/original disc. If this doesn't happen then the disc image was incorrectly made and/or incorrectly burnt to media, which happens quite often due to most blank media being poor quality (the movie skips/freezes/doesn't play at all/etc).

If you're in doubt about your burn, please post the log from such burn (you can find it in ImgBurn at Help menu -> ImgBurn Logs) :)

Here's all my logs from today(I've been busy :D) Hope it helps, and thanks! :

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Sunday, 14 September 2008, 20:24:41

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 19:22:58 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 19:22:58 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 19:22:58 Total Physical Memory: 1,015,328 KB - Available: 615,020 KB

I 19:22:59 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:22:59 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:23:01 Found 1 DVD

I 19:23:24 Destination Device: [1:1:0] LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-411S FS02 (D:) (ATA)

There's firmware FS0K available for your burner. Remove any disc and close the tray before updating. Reboot the computer when the update has finished.

Even though it may work, your burner is old and might not be doing good burns on newer media, so you should think about getting a new burner :)

I 19:23:24 Destination Device: [1:1:0] LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-411S FS02 (D:) (ATA)

There's firmware FS0K available for your burner. Remove any disc and close the tray before updating. Reboot the computer when the update has finished.

Even though it may work, your burner is old and might not be doing good burns on newer media, so you should think about getting a new burner :)

Thank you! I'd like to get a new one but just can't afford it right now. Hope it works!

Hopefully the firmware will improve your burn times, according to the logs your drive only wants to burn those discs at 1x speed, I burn all of mine at a minimum of 12x and 16x for quality discs :)

I 00:59:22 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: MCC 02RG20) (Speeds: 1x)

Actually, have you changed the settings ?

I 00:59:22 Write Speed: 1x

Usually that says "Max"...... if you have been fiddling a bit you might want to restore the default options under Help ;)

Hopefully the firmware will improve your burn times, according to the logs your drive only wants to burn those discs at 1x speed, I burn all of mine at a minimum of 12x and 16x for quality discs :)

I 00:59:22 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: MCC 02RG20) (Speeds: 1x)

Actually, have you changed the settings ?

I 00:59:22 Write Speed: 1x

Usually that says "Max"...... if you have been fiddling a bit you might want to restore the default options under Help ;)

Yes, I changed them because I read that that might be the problem, what is the best speed?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.