Imgburned bd not working on ps3

no1baggiesfan

Hi, I recently burned a bd-re (lg) which played perfectly on my ps3 and pc (using nero :whistling: ) but when I burned it onto a bd-r (verbatim) using imgburn it does not work, it doesnt even get recognized by the ps3. It works on the pc through media player but comes up as unsupported format on power dvd.

Any ideas please, besides just buying bd-re's lol.

Edited by no1baggiesfan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, brought some Verbatim BD-RE, burnt the same image with imgburn with EXACTLY the same settings.

Disk not recognised by ps3, reset ps3 with disc in ps3 sees disk as BD-RE, play disk, get error code "invalid disk" press triangle tell ps3 to "play from begining" disk works. lol.

Disk was labelled but name not recognised by ps3 but was when nero'd and it displayed icon picture before but not thru imgburned disk.

Imgburn also burnt at 1x when told to burn at 2x. took 1 hour 20 bloody mins lol.

Will burn again on nero and see if a different brand of disk makes a difference.

Edited by no1baggiesfan

Ok, really strange, I put the non-working BD-R in afterwards and it played from where the other disk was stopped, but when I tried to forward it the ps3 chucked up the invalid disc error again, the disc does not work otherwise.

I recently updated the ps3 firmware to 2.43 maybe this has in some way improved disc compatibility lol.

Do the folder structures of the Nero / ImgBurn discs (or images) match?

What about the file data itself?

Make an image in each program, mount the images in DAEMON Tools (using 2 virtual drives) and then use a program to compare the files on both drives - something like Beyond Compare should do the trick

I used the EXACT same folder for each of the three burns, the files have been iso'd also and mounted to daemon and they worked perfectly, its only when burned with imgburn they have not worked.

Will burn again with nero on a diff bd-re and compare structures.

Edited by no1baggiesfan

It's probably easier to just have Nero and ImgBurn create an image (rather than burn to disc) and then compare them.

You could also try reading a nero disc to an image and burning the image in ImgBurn.

Obviously then we know the content would be identical (removing the differences in file systems from the equation).

This gets more confusing, just created an image (iso) with imgburn,(using known working BDMV folder) mounted with daemon, played it with powerdvd 8 and it reports it as a disc with an unsupported format, burned it to a BD-RE and the ps3 reports the same.

Compared image with folder and they are exactly the same.

DT v4.08HE works perfectly with power dvd Ive used it before.

Tried again 5 minutes ago with same image and it works fine ???????

Ps3 is not recognising the disc when inserted but when system is reset with disk in it will, playability is 50% ???

Media ???

previously I had used an lg BD-RE

Im seriously confused about this, its nuts.

DT v4.08HE works perfectly with power dvd Ive used it before.

Ah ok, I thought you might have been using a new one.

I've done about 5 burns tonight testing this (on Verbatim BD-RE in my H20L) and they've worked in PowerDVD and the PS3 just fine.

Maybe the laser just needs cleaning?! Is the system software on it up-to-date?

Is your powerdvd up-to-date? That's not exactly 'bug free' software itself!

LOL, made an image with image burn and mounted it with powerdvd 8, it says unsuppoted format blahblah, press play and it works fine, all playback all options are fine, they just dont want to work with my ps3 lol.

The burners firmware is the latest (YL03)

BD burners are not that expensive, I only paid

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.