Imgburned bd not working on ps3

no1baggiesfan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where exactly are you seeing this 'unsupported' message in powerdvd?

You're not talking about the 'movie remixes' bit on the right that says 'This feature is not supported for the current disc format' are you?

Obviously that just means that 'movie remixes' (whatever that is!) isn't supported for bluray.

If that's not what you're talking about, I can't see why your PowerDVD has problems and mine doesn't.

If you're not already using the verbatim BD-RE discs, give them a go because they work ok in my ps3.

which mobo is it you have and which sata driver are you using if using nforce take the nvidia drivers out and use standard ms ones.

looked quickly at log from 2.4.1.0 and somethings were corrected not sure what your using to read blu ray and what processing you're applying but can you not try with a one where you take the whole ISO without changing anything on it and just write that one out to see if that plays on PC PD and ps3

btw, if you want to get rid of the movie remix stuff, just save this as a reg file and import it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cyberlink\PowerDVD8]
"EnableMovieLibrary"=dword:00000000
"EnableMovieRemix"=dword:00000000
"UI_MLiveEnableFeature"=dword:00000000

which mobo is it you have and which sata driver are you using if using nforce take the nvidia drivers out and use standard ms ones.

looked quickly at log from 2.4.1.0 and somethings were corrected not sure what your using to read blu ray and what processing you're applying but can you not try with a one were you take the whole ISO without changing anything on it and just write that one out to see if that plays on PC PD and ps3

Mobo is an Asus P5K premium as far as I know its not Nvidia.

BD-RE was d/l from net not ripped from a disc and has had no modifications.

Any iso's made were from this folder, all disc were burned using same source.

No processing is applied.

Using an LG GGW-H20L for burning with latest firmware.

Edited by no1baggiesfan

btw, if you want to get rid of the movie remix stuff, just save this as a reg file and import it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cyberlink\PowerDVD8]
"EnableMovieLibrary"=dword:00000000
"EnableMovieRemix"=dword:00000000
"UI_MLiveEnableFeature"=dword:00000000

Ok, thanks, what does it do :blush:

Ok, burned another disk using udf 2.60 this time, disc was not recognised but started and played perfectly until I started pushing the ffw button to check the chapters got to chapter 5 and it chucks up the error ????

checking thru the imgburn setting, does the spare areas option make any difference because I noticed that it was checked, I have never checked that before, also turning on the fast writes didnt make much difference to burning speed, it still took 1h2m to burn an iso made by nero.

still trying.

fast write would make a 2x verb bd-re burn at about 2.3x and not 1.1x. So it more than halves the time it takes to burn.

It really does just sound like your PS3 can't read the disc properly.

The same thing happens (unable to FF, stuttering etc) on a normal DVD player when the disc can't be read.

What's the actual write rate during the burn?

If it's 2x or above then there's nothing wrong.

The spare areas thing only really changes the size of the disc (to allow for more error recovery type stuff). It won't make the disc any easier to read.

If you build an image and mount it, it should play fine (as readability obviously isn't an issue then).

If it doesn't then I'd have to guess there's something wrong with the source files - or the player itself. Did you say you've already installed the latest powerdvd 8 patch? There have been 2 in the last week or so, the first was awful and so the 2nd fixed what the 1st broke!

write rate is currently 2.3x lol, yesterday it was 1.2x

folder plays perfectly, the iso played perfectly, the burn didnt.

Im hoping that resetting the pc may have sorted the burn speed issue, re-installed nero and imgburn and pdvd8.

burning again :)

added the certificate folder to the mix too not just using the BDMV folder, I've read this can cause probs with pdvd.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.