hd dvd , bluray what the repercussions

l8nights

first of all let me just say if this has already been covered sorry it is hard to keep up w/the madness that sometimes erupts around here!

w/ all the talk of these in the news of late one can't help bu tbe concerned on our ability to cope w/ what changes this may entail. microsoft endorses hd sony blu-ray.

what are the major differences between the two and will we be able to burn them! is this going to lead to all new media if so will img burn handle it. if any body has any add. knowledge or reading that I wouldbenefit from feel free to educate me. the more I hear about this the more questions I come up w/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4285894.stm

I have been following this story courtesy of the BBC Tech pages, if you read the link above, you can then find more info via the stories linked on the right hand side of the page. It looks like another industry fuck up to me..... :angry:

Oh and Microsoft are going for the rival discs not the Sony ones..... :wacko:

Edited by lfcrule1972

I personally think it will remain a niche market until HD-TV's become far more widespread than they are now. With a regular TV, they can't use the lines of resolution that a regular DVD puts out, let alone hi-cap HD discs. We'll see it in console game machines, a few consumers who like to ride the top of the trends, and of course computer use. If the respective electronic companys don't play their cards right, IMO it could end up like SACD and DVD-A, a small little market that can barely sustain itself. Your normal consumer will not rush out to replace the many dvd's they've bot. I suspect a lot of members here will be interested in it, but I really think we'll be a minority. My 2 cents.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.