Another layer break question

ButchN

Hi all, I'm still kinda confused with teh layer break.

I do understand the color of the stars, but that's pretty much it!

I saw nowhere here, unless I didn't look hard enough, as to what the headings & options in the create layer break position page mean.

I did a screen shot this morning of what I typically experience & with so many green stars, I really have no clue as to what one is best, & why.

I am not using the Verbatim discs as I do have really good luck with the Memorex discs, RITEK-S04-66 as image burn detects.

I am using an HP dv9225 notebook, 2 GB ram, Vista Ultimate 64 bit & the burner is a MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-851S 1.50 (ATA) as read from image burn.

My questions are:

Can someone point me to the thread or page that explains the heading in detail:

Can someone tell me by the below screen shot what would be the "best" choice & why:

Can someone tell me what the options & ignore options at the bottom of the screen are for:

And my last question, why can't image burn detect what's best & select it since it seems pretty "smart" already?

Thanks guys.

layerbreakoptions.jpg

Because 'best' is in the eye of the beholder.

Only the user can actually see where a scene change happens and ImgBurn is all about giving the user options.

If you want 1 click 'I'm a stupid user' software, you should probably be using something else.

Personally I'd pick the one pointing at the VTS_06_0.IFO.

That puts the entire VTS set on the 2nd layer - which is just a logical/common sense type choice. It's not really any better than the other options that list file names.

I'm fairly sure the options / headings are all covered in the guide within the Guides forum.

Because 'best' is in the eye of the beholder.

Only the user can actually see where a scene change happens and ImgBurn is all about giving the user options.

If you want 1 click 'I'm a stupid user' software, you should probably be using something else.

Personally I'd pick the one pointing at the VTS_06_0.IFO.

That puts the entire VTS set on the 2nd layer - which is just a logical/common sense type choice. It's not really any better than the other options that list file names.

I'm fairly sure the options / headings are all covered in the guide within the Guides forum.

WOW! Didn't think I'd be lamb-basted like that!

I've been using your program for a while & the layer break is new to me as I've recently started using DL discs.

I thought & searched allot for my own answers before I made the post as I'm still learning.

Guess I need to redefine my searching a "tad" more & become instantly smart overnight!

There are some things we all can't comprehend & be good at right away!

:lol: Don't be so sensitive - Lightning UK! wasn't having a go at you, he was explaining that his program is all about giving users a choice. Whilst ImgBurn is easy to use for most people it isn't intended to be used by the very inexperienced, a lot of the features are for more advanced users......

You did the right thing by asking the question but the guide found here does take users through the process.

This really isn't a program that holds your hand, users are expected to have a bit of knowledge and also to use the features available, have you tried the preview cell button ? When picking your layer break this allows you to see where the layer break will be positioned. I usually aim for a frame/shot change as you won't notice the break when it's positioned there. Using preview cell you can pick the best option for your own preference. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Ifcrule, I'm not sensitive & UK, we're cool!

As you see I don't post much as I pride myself in being able to figure things out on my own & when I run into a road block, I then come out of lurk mode & post!

You don't "know" me & my posting style as I don't "know" you & your style!

So now you know, if you see me post I've stumbled & cannot find what I'm looking for or I'm probably not using the correct search parameter or something!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.