DVD-RAM question

Mike99

I just started using ImgBurn a few days ago & did search this forum, but could not find what I needed. I am using it with DVD slideshow GUI in order to make a DVD slideshow. Everything works fine when I burn a DVD-R disc, but I cannot make a proper DVD-RAM to play in a Panasonic stand alone DVD recorder/player which is RAM compatible. Using RAM would be most helpful so I do not waste a bunch of discs when experimenting.

ImgBurn will write to a RAM disc, but it creates the typical DVD-R VIDEO_TS folder & files, not the DVD-RAM ones. All my RAM discs have a DVD_RTAV folder which contain 3 files: VR_MNGR.BUP, VR_MNGR.IFO and VR_MOVIE.VRO.

When I insert a RAM disc, ImgBurn gives a message "Disc Not Empty", which is correct because when freshly formatted the disc does have the first two files, but no VRO file. I tried a couple different settings, but still end up with a VIDEO_TS folder. And this file structure on DVD-RAM gives an error message when played in the DVD recorder/player.

What settings or file type does ImgBurn need in order to burn a proper DVD-RAM?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ImgBurn burns data as it is, i.e. it doesn't change anything. The DVD slideshow you've made uses DVD-Video format, which is the standard format for DVD discs that any standalone DVD player can play.

On the other hand, standalone recorders (which support DVD-RAM) expect the DVD-RAM to have a different file/folder structure in order to play from them. You'll have to look in the device's manual or search for other users' experiences on how to make a DVD-RAM in the format that your player will accept. Or, the much easier way, buy some DVD+RW/DVD-RW and you'll be able to rewrite them just like with DVD-RAM :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.