sata dvd writer problem

jayofcastleford

Wow, that was fast, thanks!

Yes, it works. The only difference is Nero needed 26 sec for lead-in while ImgBurn needed 1 min 38 sec. I suppose it's because it's using an external DLL. I will wait for your results. :thumbup:

About log: yes, there was a DVD-RW inserted in both cases.

Edited by WeeZee

As it's not ImgBurn that's actually doing anything here, it's out of my hands.

The LeadIn section of the log is made up. I just write the entry for fun really and move onto 'Writing Sectors' once the drive has accepted more data than will fit into its internal cache/buffer.

Different Write Types could be a factor here - i.e. SAO/DAO Vs Incremental.

Switch ImgBurn to Incremental and see if the time matches Neros.

That's not to say I recommend you leave it on that, I just thought you might like to try it.

Ok so I've figured out the problem... the nvidia drivers don't/can't handle more than 18 bytes of sense area buffer being made available - at least not when processing the 'TEST UNIT READY' command.

ImgBurn allocates 24 bytes for all its I/O and I guess that hits a bug in their code and they don't fill the buffer properly - meaning ImgBurn receives bogus error codes etc.

Anyone fancy reporting it to nvidia?

Ok so I've figured out the problem... the nvidia drivers don't/can't handle more than 18 bytes of sense area buffer being made available - at least not when processing the 'TEST UNIT READY' command.

ImgBurn allocates 24 bytes for all its I/O and I guess that hits a bug in their code and they don't fill the buffer properly - meaning ImgBurn receives bogus error codes etc.

Anyone fancy reporting it to nvidia?

Ehr, I would be glad to do that, but your words are quite obscure to me, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to sustain any discussion on the matter with an nVidia tech... :(

I mean, I can cut&paste your post, but then?

Anyway if there is an easy way, I am available.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.